It’s Heaven Can Wait meets Lassie Come Home, with a little Christmas Carol thrown in for good measure. Come to think of it, this extortionate sob story — about a self-centered businessman (Matthew Modine) who dies and through the miracle of reincarnation becomes a dog and gets a second chance to reevaluate his family’s worth — is nearly good-measured to death, which may be why it disappeared from theaters so fast. Although Fluke’s theme is a bit too mature for young children and too juvenile for many adults, most renters will get their Kleenex’s worth somewhere, whether in Fluke’s triumph over the insupportable horrors of animal testing or in the humans’ tidy tale of loves lost and won. Even my dog, who left halfway through, gave Fluke one paw up. B-
Fluke It's Heaven Can Wait meets Lassie Come Home, with a little Christmas Carol thrown in for good measure. Come to think of it,...FlukePG It's Heaven Can Wait meets Lassie Come Home, with a little Christmas Carol thrown in for good measure. Come to think of it,...1995-11-17Jon PolitoEric Stoltz
Starring: Samuel L. Jackson, Matthew Modine, Nancy Travis; Starring: Jon Polito, Eric Stoltz; Director: Carlo Carlei; MPAA Rating: PG
Posted November 17 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- Elizabeth Banks leads celebrities in a cappella 'Fight Song' for Hillary
- Bill Clinton’s DNC speech was a love letter to Hillary Clinton
- Alicia Keys dedicates DNC performance to 'Mothers of the Movement'
- Meryl Streep: Hillary Clinton will be first female president
- Hillary Clinton shares empowering message for young girls
- Howard Dean reprises his famous 'Dean Scream' moment during DNC
- Chiwetel Ejiofor in talks to join Robert Redford in 'Come Sunday'