What Art Clokey’s Gumby is to Play-Doh innocence, Walter Williams’ Mr. Bill is to harsh playground reality: In short after hilarious short on the old Saturday Night Live, the squeaky-voiced Mr. Bill was set upon, set aflame, jailed, melted, and otherwise discombobulated by the inescapable Sluggo and the Kafkaesque Mr. Hands. There’s new mayhem in Mr. Bill’s 20th Anniversary, a video anthology which includes an amusing short called ”Mr. Bill Goes to Washington” — but it’s the old, grainy films from the Saturday Night Live days that prompt genuine sick chuckles. Guess they don’t maim hapless clayboys like they used to. B-
Mr. Bill's 20th Anniversary What Art Clokey's Gumby is to Play-Doh innocence, Walter Williams' Mr. Bill is to harsh playground reality: In short after hilarious short on the old ...Mr. Bill's 20th AnniversaryAnimationUnrated What Art Clokey's Gumby is to Play-Doh innocence, Walter Williams' Mr. Bill is to harsh playground reality: In short after hilarious short on the old ...1995-11-17
Genre: Animation; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted November 17 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- Tilda Swinton in talks for 'Doctor Strange'
- Jesse Plemons, Domhnall Gleeson join Tom Cruise for 'Mena'
- ‘Hocus Pocus’ stage show will haunt Disney World this Halloween
- Young Thug wants to call his next mixtape 'Carter V'
- Former Girls frontman Christopher Owens drops new album
- 'Pawn Sacrifice' trailer shows Bobby Fischer's greatest struggles
- Mariah and me(?!) on stage in Las Vegas: Tweet dreams are made of this...
- Chris Pratt makes a splash: EW Summer Must List photos
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Lady Gaga, The Rock, Demi Lovato & More!