Voyager’s first CD-ROM of Ron Mann’s 1982 film, Poetry in Motion, was in some ways an improvement on the original documentary. By providing scrolling texts of the poems as they were read, and giving you flexible access to interviews, bibliographies, and alternate versions, it resembled a self-guided tour of each poet’s world. This second disc continues in that terrific tradition, but there are two caveats. One, this isn’t a sequel; the readings are culled from movie outtakes (hence, the ”CD-ROM premiere” of author Cookie Mueller may well be her final bow, since she died in 1989). Also, like the first disc, Poetry in Motion II concentrates on a very particular type of poet, generally of the post-beat, performance-art school. W.H. Auden fans will not find much to delight them here. B+
Posted November 17 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'The Girl with the Lower Back Tattoo': Top 10 Kindle highlights
- 'American Gods': First look at Kristin Chenoweth as Easter
- Stars rally behind Leslie Jones after website hack
- Bob Odenkirk to write book on life, 'Better Call Saul,' 'Breaking Bad'
- Bella Thorne to produce Lifetime vampire flick
- Hailee Steinfeld talks bad haircuts, coming of age in 'Edge of Seventeen'
- 'Underground' adds Aisha Hinds as Harriet Tubman for season 2
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...