Voyager’s first CD-ROM of Ron Mann’s 1982 film, Poetry in Motion, was in some ways an improvement on the original documentary. By providing scrolling texts of the poems as they were read, and giving you flexible access to interviews, bibliographies, and alternate versions, it resembled a self-guided tour of each poet’s world. This second disc continues in that terrific tradition, but there are two caveats. One, this isn’t a sequel; the readings are culled from movie outtakes (hence, the ”CD-ROM premiere” of author Cookie Mueller may well be her final bow, since she died in 1989). Also, like the first disc, Poetry in Motion II concentrates on a very particular type of poet, generally of the post-beat, performance-art school. W.H. Auden fans will not find much to delight them here. B+
Posted November 17 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- Miramax, Roadside in talks to distribute Obama romance movie 'Southside With You'
- Kanye West does not even pretend to enjoy being in 'SNL' promos
- Hannibal Buress joins Dwayne Johnson in 'Baywatch'
- 'The X-Files': Mulder and Scully meet their doppelgängers in this exclusive clip
- Andrew Dice Clay talks 'Vinyl': 'Record company guys were out of their f---ing minds!'
- 'Dawson's Creek' revival not likely, says Katie Holmes
- 'The Force Awakens' characters to appear in new LEGO 'Star Wars' series