Voyager’s first CD-ROM of Ron Mann’s 1982 film, Poetry in Motion, was in some ways an improvement on the original documentary. By providing scrolling texts of the poems as they were read, and giving you flexible access to interviews, bibliographies, and alternate versions, it resembled a self-guided tour of each poet’s world. This second disc continues in that terrific tradition, but there are two caveats. One, this isn’t a sequel; the readings are culled from movie outtakes (hence, the ”CD-ROM premiere” of author Cookie Mueller may well be her final bow, since she died in 1989). Also, like the first disc, Poetry in Motion II concentrates on a very particular type of poet, generally of the post-beat, performance-art school. W.H. Auden fans will not find much to delight them here. B+
Posted November 17 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'SNL' preview: What to expect from Dakota Johnson and Alabama Shakes?
- 'Parks and Rec': On set for the final day
- John Green's 'Alaska' scriptwriters set
- Craig Ferguson set for ABC comedy pilot
- Will Smith back in 'Focus': What critics said
- 'The Red Road's Jason Momoa on season 2 and when we can expect Aquaman in action
- Look, but don't retouch? What our female celeb photo fascination says about us
- 20 TV series that nailed it with their very first scenes
- 'Last Man on Earth' guys salute inspirations
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Susan Sarandon, Prince William and More!