Voyager’s first CD-ROM of Ron Mann’s 1982 film, Poetry in Motion, was in some ways an improvement on the original documentary. By providing scrolling texts of the poems as they were read, and giving you flexible access to interviews, bibliographies, and alternate versions, it resembled a self-guided tour of each poet’s world. This second disc continues in that terrific tradition, but there are two caveats. One, this isn’t a sequel; the readings are culled from movie outtakes (hence, the ”CD-ROM premiere” of author Cookie Mueller may well be her final bow, since she died in 1989). Also, like the first disc, Poetry in Motion II concentrates on a very particular type of poet, generally of the post-beat, performance-art school. W.H. Auden fans will not find much to delight them here. B+
Posted November 17 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- See 4 never-before-seen images from the illustrated 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone'
- 21 things we learned from Lifetime's 'Unauthorized 90210 Story'
- Michael Fassbender 'studied Ashton Kutcher' (not really) for 'Steve Jobs'
- Why Victoria Justice got starstruck at Fashion Week
- Broadway's Cinderella and Prince Hans actor from 'Frozen' tie the knot
- Miley Cyrus hosts 'SNL': EW live blog
- Miley Cyrus hosts 'SNL': Play People's unofficial drinking game