Voyager’s first CD-ROM of Ron Mann’s 1982 film, Poetry in Motion, was in some ways an improvement on the original documentary. By providing scrolling texts of the poems as they were read, and giving you flexible access to interviews, bibliographies, and alternate versions, it resembled a self-guided tour of each poet’s world. This second disc continues in that terrific tradition, but there are two caveats. One, this isn’t a sequel; the readings are culled from movie outtakes (hence, the ”CD-ROM premiere” of author Cookie Mueller may well be her final bow, since she died in 1989). Also, like the first disc, Poetry in Motion II concentrates on a very particular type of poet, generally of the post-beat, performance-art school. W.H. Auden fans will not find much to delight them here. B+
Posted November 17 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters