Voyager’s first CD-ROM of Ron Mann’s 1982 film, Poetry in Motion, was in some ways an improvement on the original documentary. By providing scrolling texts of the poems as they were read, and giving you flexible access to interviews, bibliographies, and alternate versions, it resembled a self-guided tour of each poet’s world. This second disc continues in that terrific tradition, but there are two caveats. One, this isn’t a sequel; the readings are culled from movie outtakes (hence, the ”CD-ROM premiere” of author Cookie Mueller may well be her final bow, since she died in 1989). Also, like the first disc, Poetry in Motion II concentrates on a very particular type of poet, generally of the post-beat, performance-art school. W.H. Auden fans will not find much to delight them here. B+
Posted November 17 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Tank Girl' director to helm 'Doctor Who' season finale
- Someone put Nicolas Cage's face on every 'Game of Thrones' character
- How 'Terminator: Genisys' re-created 1984 Arnold Schwarzenegger for the summer's coolest fight scene
- Demi Lovato drops infectious new track, 'Cool For The Summer'
- John Green reveals the inspiration behind 'Paper Towns' — exclusive
- Jon Hamm introduces a montage of Jon Stewart's most memorable musical moments
- ‘Dukes of Hazzard’ off TV Land schedule
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files': David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson portraits
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Lupita Nyong'o, Amber Heard, Rosario Dawson & More!