Six years after drinking himself to death, Keith Whitley, one of hard country’s most gifted artists, reappears with ”Wherever You Are Tonight”, a winsome, reorchestrated ballad (from an unreleased demo) about a lonely late-night deejay and a frequent caller. There’s a flurry of anxious strings, but his stark delivery cuts straight to the heart.
Wherever You Are Tonight Six years after drinking himself to death, Keith Whitley, one of hard country's most gifted artists, reappears with ''Wherever You Are Tonight'...Wherever You Are TonightCountry Six years after drinking himself to death, Keith Whitley, one of hard country's most gifted artists, reappears with ''Wherever You Are Tonight'...1995-11-17
Genre: Country; Lead Performer: Keith Whitley
Posted November 17 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- Hugh Jackman shares ‘Wolverine’ teaser image and asks for fan input
- Casting Net: Morgan Freeman leads up action film 'Down to a Sunless Sea'
- 'The Bachelorette': And the 'winner' is...
- Richard Linklater in talks to direct Jennifer Lawrence in 'The Rosie Project'
- 'All the Bright Places' starring Elle Fanning finds its director
- HBO developing Wild West drama series Untamed
- Ann Rule, true-crime author, dies at 83
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Matthew & Keri, Katy Perry, Cate Blanchett & More!