Six years after drinking himself to death, Keith Whitley, one of hard country’s most gifted artists, reappears with ”Wherever You Are Tonight”, a winsome, reorchestrated ballad (from an unreleased demo) about a lonely late-night deejay and a frequent caller. There’s a flurry of anxious strings, but his stark delivery cuts straight to the heart.
Wherever You Are Tonight Six years after drinking himself to death, Keith Whitley, one of hard country's most gifted artists, reappears with ''Wherever You Are Tonight'...Wherever You Are TonightCountry Six years after drinking himself to death, Keith Whitley, one of hard country's most gifted artists, reappears with ''Wherever You Are Tonight'...1995-11-17
Genre: Country; Lead Performer: Keith Whitley
Posted November 17 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- Now's your chance to see 'Mad Max: Fury Road' in IMAX theaters
- Obama to honor Stephen King, Sally Field with National Medals of Arts
- Queen Elizabeth is a huge fan of 'Downton Abbey'
- You can binge all of TNT's new show 'Public Morals' — only on Labor Day weekend
- New 'Batman v Superman' pics show Wonder Woman, the Batmobile
- 'Star Wars: Aftermath': Finding Han Solo for a quick galactic run
- Kanye West sends Taylor Swift flowers after the 2015 VMAs
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Johnny Depp, Gabrielle Union, Karlie Kloss & More!