Six years after drinking himself to death, Keith Whitley, one of hard country’s most gifted artists, reappears with ”Wherever You Are Tonight”, a winsome, reorchestrated ballad (from an unreleased demo) about a lonely late-night deejay and a frequent caller. There’s a flurry of anxious strings, but his stark delivery cuts straight to the heart.
Wherever You Are Tonight Six years after drinking himself to death, Keith Whitley, one of hard country's most gifted artists, reappears with ''Wherever You Are Tonight'...Wherever You Are TonightCountry Six years after drinking himself to death, Keith Whitley, one of hard country's most gifted artists, reappears with ''Wherever You Are Tonight'...1995-11-17
Genre: Country; Lead Performer: Keith Whitley
Posted November 17 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- David Letterman gets a tribute at the Indy 500--but it ends in a crash
- Cannes 2015: Jacques Audiard's 'Dheepan' wins the Palme d'Or
- ‘Tomorrowland’ leads slow Memorial Day weekend at box office
- Jennifer Aniston's '90s throwback photo is picture perfect
- Straight No Chaser step into Jim Nabors' shoes, sing to kick off the Indy 500
- Dave Grohl joins Paul McCartney on London stage: Watch
- Kelly Rutherford gets sole custody of kids
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!