Two more reasons why TV is better than the movies: The Olsen twins are now big-screen stars. Yet surprisingly, the 9-year-old ex-Full House runts made a canny choice for their debut film, It Takes Two. In this Prince and the Pauper/Parent Trap hybrid, a street orphan (Mary-Kate — or is it Ashley?) and her rich doppelgänger (the other Olsen) switch places to fix up one’s would-be adoptive mom (Kirstie Alley) with the other’s millionaire/widower dad (Steve Guttenberg). It seems only fitting that the flavorless Guttenberg would land in this smooth tapioca concoction, but Alley deserves better.
It Takes Two Two more reasons why TV is better than the movies: The Olsen twins are now big-screen stars. Yet surprisingly, the 9-year-old ex-Full House...It Takes Two Two more reasons why TV is better than the movies: The Olsen twins are now big-screen stars. Yet surprisingly, the 9-year-old ex-Full House...1995-11-24Kirstie AlleySteve GuttenbergPhilip Bosco
Starring: Ashley Olsen, Mary-Kate Olsen; Starring: Kirstie Alley, Steve Guttenberg, Philip Bosco; Director: Andy Tennant
Posted November 24 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- Judge Judy drama series in the works at CBS
- What if Zack Snyder directed classic literature adaptations?
- Jim Gaffigan, Olivia Thirlby join political thriller 'Chappaquiddick'
- 'Queen of Katwe' story inspired Alicia Keys to write a new song
- Sebastian Stan joins Steven Soderbergh's heist film 'Logan Lucky'
- Three Rounds: Sunday Funday with the cast of 'You're the Worst'
- Teyana Taylor, star of Kanye West's 'Fade' video, cast in VH1's 'The Breaks'
- 11 of the Best 'Mister Rogers' Neighborhood' Guest Stars
- 'Easy': 12 Exclusive First Look Photos
- First Look: Jyn Erso Toys from 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story'
- Darth Vader, Voldemort, and 7 Other Pop Culture Comparisons to Donald Trump
- Celebrity Professors: See Stars Who Make the Grade
- 55 Books to Read This Fall