Set in the Paris where people live, not the Hollywood confection, Love After Love is a quintessential French romance, which means it’s about love as a painful situation for which there’s never a happy resolution — although there’s always hope for revenge. Such is the case with Lola (Isabelle Huppert), a novelist caught between two men. In director Diane Kurys’ own small act of revenge, the guys are characters who range from jerk to dope, but despite their tendency to maltreat Lola, the indomitable Frenchwoman manages to get her satisfaction, and we can say the same. A-
Love After Love Set in the Paris where people live, not the Hollywood confection, Love After Love is a quintessential French romance, which means it's...Love After LoveForeign LanguageUnrated Set in the Paris where people live, not the Hollywood confection, Love After Love is a quintessential French romance, which means it's...1995-11-24
Genre: Foreign Language; Starring: Bernard Giraudeau, Isabelle Huppert; Director: Diane Kurys; Status: In Season; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted November 24 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- Candace Cameron Bure shares new 'Fuller House' photo
- 'Deadpool' red band trailer to officially debut Tuesday on 'Conan'
- Dave Grohl responds in Italian to 1,000 fans who covered ‘Learn to Fly’
- Someone cut together 280 movies for an epic 'Uptown Funk' cover
- Box office report: ‘Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation,’ 'Vacation'
- First teaser for 'Zoolander 2' asks one big existential question
- Valerie Harper replaced in play after hospital stay
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!