The Material Girl hasn’t lost her touch: By placing her greatest-hit ballads (”Live to Tell,” ”Crazy for You,” ”Take a Bow,” etc.) in a new context — that is, separated from her more attention-getting dance music — Madonna reinvigorates them, which is just what a good best-of compilation is supposed to do. The three new songs ”You’ll See,” ”One More Chance,” and a wonderfully eerie version of Marvin Gaye’s ”I Want You” are consumer enticements that just add to the allure.
Something to Remember The Material Girl hasn't lost her touch: By placing her greatest-hit ballads (''Live to Tell,'' ''Crazy for You,'' ''Take a Bow,'' etc.) in a new...Something to RememberPop The Material Girl hasn't lost her touch: By placing her greatest-hit ballads (''Live to Tell,'' ''Crazy for You,'' ''Take a Bow,'' etc.) in a new...1995-11-24
Genre: Pop; Lead Performer: Madonna; Producer (group): Maverick, Warner Bros.
Posted January 17 2015 — 11:46 AM EST
- 'Survivor' exclusive sneak peek: Watch the 'Worlds Apart' merge
- 'Better Call Saul' insider on THAT Jimmy-Chuck shocker
- Casting Net: Emily Blunt, John Krasinski join voice cast of 'Animal Crackers'
- Kevin Hart to receive Comedic Genius Award at MTV Movie Awards
- Weinstein Company acquires Matthew McConaughey-starring 'Gold'
- David Beckham stars in a new underwear ad... with James Corden?
- Colin Trevorrow to direct 'Book of Henry' following 'Jurassic World' release
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Tracee Ellis Ross, Hilary Duff, Scott Eastwood & More!