The Material Girl hasn’t lost her touch: By placing her greatest-hit ballads (”Live to Tell,” ”Crazy for You,” ”Take a Bow,” etc.) in a new context — that is, separated from her more attention-getting dance music — Madonna reinvigorates them, which is just what a good best-of compilation is supposed to do. The three new songs ”You’ll See,” ”One More Chance,” and a wonderfully eerie version of Marvin Gaye’s ”I Want You” are consumer enticements that just add to the allure.
Something to Remember The Material Girl hasn't lost her touch: By placing her greatest-hit ballads (''Live to Tell,'' ''Crazy for You,'' ''Take a Bow,'' etc.) in a new...Something to RememberPop The Material Girl hasn't lost her touch: By placing her greatest-hit ballads (''Live to Tell,'' ''Crazy for You,'' ''Take a Bow,'' etc.) in a new...1995-11-24
Genre: Pop; Lead Performer: Madonna; Producer (group): Maverick, Warner Bros.
Posted November 24 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- Bryce & Chris, Karlie Kloss, Tony & Gaga and More!