A nearly perfect movie about a nearly total screw-up. Jennifer Jason Leigh is Sadie Flood, a would-be rock star doomed to live in the shadow of her sister, Georgia (Mare Winningham), a true rock star. While Georgia has become rich and beloved, with a huge audience for her artfully sung folk-rock ballads, Sadie is perennially destitute, drinking and drugging. Leigh’s performance is tremendously brave and ferocious; Winningham’s is subtle and heartbreaking. A
Genre: Drama; Starring: Jennifer Jason Leigh, Mare Winningham, Ted Levine, John C. Reilly; Director: Ulu Grosbard; Author: Barbara Turner; Release Date Wide: 12/08/1995; Runtime (in minutes): 113; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Miramax
Posted December 15 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- Preview Mal and crew's exploits in 'Serenity: No Power in the 'Verse'
- Anne Hathaway on Oscar win: ‘I tried to pretend that I was happy
- Adam Scott to guest on 'The Good Place'
- Lady Gaga on Madonna comparisons: 'What I do is different'
- Madonna’s 'Rebel Heart Tour' is coming to Showtime
- YouTuber sings Smash Mouth’s ‘All Star’ over Adele, John Lennon
- Benedict Cumberbatch and Sophie Hunter expecting second child