How sad to see John Lithgow making insipid jokes on 3rd Rock From The Sun (NBC, Tuesdays, 8:30-9 p.m.), as an alien who takes human form on Earth. And not just insipid jokes—insipid breast jokes. Lithgow’s High Commander Dick Solomon and crew (Kristen Johnston, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, and French Stewart) are here to observe our ways, which means lots of gauche My Favorite Martian humor, but with ’90s smut. Dick falls for a professor (Jane Curtin), and when they make plans to go out, he says, ”Be sure to wear something that shows the crack in your breasts.” The aliens mangle cliches (”I mean that from the heart of my bottom”), but it is Curtin who’s obliged to deliver the line ”Rub it—maybe it’ll go away.” I tried rubbing the tapes of this show, but it didn’t go away. D
3rd Rock From the Sun How sad to see John Lithgow making insipid jokes on 3rd Rock From The Sun (NBC, Tuesdays, 8:30-9 p.m.), as an alien who takes ...3rd Rock From the SunComedy How sad to see John Lithgow making insipid jokes on 3rd Rock From The Sun (NBC, Tuesdays, 8:30-9 p.m.), as an alien who takes ...1995-12-22
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Jane Curtin, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Kristen Johnston, John Lithgow, French Stewart; Broadcaster: NBC
Posted December 22 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- Sharon Osbourne takes 'Talk' break
- Chris Pratt offers pre-apology for any offensive remarks he says during press tour
- An intense new trailer for 'Black Mass' has arrived
- John Stamos on Olsens' 'Fuller House' nix
- This was Chris Pratt's craziest day on the set of 'Jurassic World'
- Why Michael Fassbender loves taking risks
- 'Mr. Holmes': Doyle estate sues
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Marion Cotillard, Jason Derulo, Serena Williams and More!