How sad to see John Lithgow making insipid jokes on 3rd Rock From The Sun (NBC, Tuesdays, 8:30-9 p.m.), as an alien who takes human form on Earth. And not just insipid jokes—insipid breast jokes. Lithgow’s High Commander Dick Solomon and crew (Kristen Johnston, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, and French Stewart) are here to observe our ways, which means lots of gauche My Favorite Martian humor, but with ’90s smut. Dick falls for a professor (Jane Curtin), and when they make plans to go out, he says, ”Be sure to wear something that shows the crack in your breasts.” The aliens mangle cliches (”I mean that from the heart of my bottom”), but it is Curtin who’s obliged to deliver the line ”Rub it—maybe it’ll go away.” I tried rubbing the tapes of this show, but it didn’t go away. D
3rd Rock From the Sun How sad to see John Lithgow making insipid jokes on 3rd Rock From The Sun (NBC, Tuesdays, 8:30-9 p.m.), as an alien who takes ...3rd Rock From the SunComedy How sad to see John Lithgow making insipid jokes on 3rd Rock From The Sun (NBC, Tuesdays, 8:30-9 p.m.), as an alien who takes ...1995-12-22
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Jane Curtin, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Kristen Johnston, John Lithgow, French Stewart; Broadcaster: NBC; Status: In Season
Posted December 22 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- Ultron sounds even better saying James Spader's lines from 'The Office'
- 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' exclusive clip: Mary Lynn Rajskub is Boyle's dream woman
- 'The Vampire Diaries' can't take a bite out of the competition
- James Bond kills supercut: Shocking, positively shocking
- What we learned from the 'Pretty Little Liars' Comic-Con panel
- Hear that amazing Kelly Clarkson 'Already Gone' cover from this week's 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Justin Bieber reveals cover art for new album, 'Purpose'