Sabrina (PG) A remake of Billy Wilder’s top-heavy souffle of a romantic comedy. Julia Ormond is Sabrina, the chauffeur’s daughter who has spent her girlhood coveting the lives of the Larrabees, the filthy rich Long Island family that employs her father. In particular, she adores David (Greg Kinnear), the goofy playboy son. When he falls for her, endangering a family business merger, his brother, Linus (Harrison Ford), takes it upon himself to woo Sabrina away. This is a Cinderella fantasy in which Cinderella has to rescue the prince, and Ford’s quiet melancholy sneaks up on you. As a character, though, Linus no longer makes sense: He’s a tough, virile wheeler-dealer who seems like a virgin. Ormond, on the other hand, evokes Audrey Hepburn’s aristocratic delicacy, and Kinnear brings an endearing innocence to David, the short-attention-span romantic. B-
Sabrina (Movie - 1995) Sabrina (PG) A remake of Billy Wilder's top-heavy souffle of a romantic comedy. Julia Ormond is Sabrina, the chauffeur's daughter who...Sabrina (Movie - 1995)ComedyPG Sabrina (PG) A remake of Billy Wilder's top-heavy souffle of a romantic comedy. Julia Ormond is Sabrina, the chauffeur's daughter who...1995-12-22
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Harrison Ford, Greg Kinnear, Julia Ormond; Director: Sydney Pollack; MPAA Rating: PG
Posted December 22 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Birth of a Nation' director Nate Parker to appear on '60 Minutes'
- Bon Iver played a surprise concert at Berlin hotel
- 'Empire': Listen to 'Infamous' by Mariah Carey, Jussie Smollett & cast
- Marvel's 'Black Panther' has found another villain
- Brad Pitt takes voluntary drug test for DCFS investigation
- 'Blindspot': Can Jane trust Roman?
- Rob Lowe took over our Instagram story to tour the 'Code Black' set