Sabrina (PG) A remake of Billy Wilder’s top-heavy souffle of a romantic comedy. Julia Ormond is Sabrina, the chauffeur’s daughter who has spent her girlhood coveting the lives of the Larrabees, the filthy rich Long Island family that employs her father. In particular, she adores David (Greg Kinnear), the goofy playboy son. When he falls for her, endangering a family business merger, his brother, Linus (Harrison Ford), takes it upon himself to woo Sabrina away. This is a Cinderella fantasy in which Cinderella has to rescue the prince, and Ford’s quiet melancholy sneaks up on you. As a character, though, Linus no longer makes sense: He’s a tough, virile wheeler-dealer who seems like a virgin. Ormond, on the other hand, evokes Audrey Hepburn’s aristocratic delicacy, and Kinnear brings an endearing innocence to David, the short-attention-span romantic. B-
Sabrina (Movie - 1995) Sabrina (PG) A remake of Billy Wilder's top-heavy souffle of a romantic comedy. Julia Ormond is Sabrina, the chauffeur's daughter who...Sabrina (Movie - 1995)ComedyPG Sabrina (PG) A remake of Billy Wilder's top-heavy souffle of a romantic comedy. Julia Ormond is Sabrina, the chauffeur's daughter who...1995-12-22
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Harrison Ford, Greg Kinnear, Julia Ormond; Director: Sydney Pollack; MPAA Rating: PG
Posted December 22 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt
- Comedian Matt Braunger on pilot season, his new album 'Big Dumb Animal,' and the science of titles