Sabrina (PG) A remake of Billy Wilder’s top-heavy souffle of a romantic comedy. Julia Ormond is Sabrina, the chauffeur’s daughter who has spent her girlhood coveting the lives of the Larrabees, the filthy rich Long Island family that employs her father. In particular, she adores David (Greg Kinnear), the goofy playboy son. When he falls for her, endangering a family business merger, his brother, Linus (Harrison Ford), takes it upon himself to woo Sabrina away. This is a Cinderella fantasy in which Cinderella has to rescue the prince, and Ford’s quiet melancholy sneaks up on you. As a character, though, Linus no longer makes sense: He’s a tough, virile wheeler-dealer who seems like a virgin. Ormond, on the other hand, evokes Audrey Hepburn’s aristocratic delicacy, and Kinnear brings an endearing innocence to David, the short-attention-span romantic. B-
Sabrina (Movie - 1995) Sabrina (PG) A remake of Billy Wilder's top-heavy souffle of a romantic comedy. Julia Ormond is Sabrina, the chauffeur's daughter who...Sabrina (Movie - 1995)ComedyPG Sabrina (PG) A remake of Billy Wilder's top-heavy souffle of a romantic comedy. Julia Ormond is Sabrina, the chauffeur's daughter who...1995-12-22
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Harrison Ford, Greg Kinnear, Julia Ormond; Director: Sydney Pollack; MPAA Rating: PG
Posted December 22 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- 1D's Liam Payne announces third single from 'Made in the A.M.'
- New 'Luther' trailer asks: 'You scared of me?'
- Drake: 'I'd do anything with Adele' — including a 'Hotline Bling' remix
- National Dog Show names Charlie the Skye terrier its Best in Show
- CBS will air two Super Bowl commercial specials before 'Super Bowl 50'
- Amy Schumer, Mindy Kaling, and more celebs give thanks on social media
- Highlights from the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade