Sabrina (PG) A remake of Billy Wilder’s top-heavy souffle of a romantic comedy. Julia Ormond is Sabrina, the chauffeur’s daughter who has spent her girlhood coveting the lives of the Larrabees, the filthy rich Long Island family that employs her father. In particular, she adores David (Greg Kinnear), the goofy playboy son. When he falls for her, endangering a family business merger, his brother, Linus (Harrison Ford), takes it upon himself to woo Sabrina away. This is a Cinderella fantasy in which Cinderella has to rescue the prince, and Ford’s quiet melancholy sneaks up on you. As a character, though, Linus no longer makes sense: He’s a tough, virile wheeler-dealer who seems like a virgin. Ormond, on the other hand, evokes Audrey Hepburn’s aristocratic delicacy, and Kinnear brings an endearing innocence to David, the short-attention-span romantic. B-
Sabrina (Movie - 1995) Sabrina (PG) A remake of Billy Wilder's top-heavy souffle of a romantic comedy. Julia Ormond is Sabrina, the chauffeur's daughter who...Sabrina (Movie - 1995)ComedyPG Sabrina (PG) A remake of Billy Wilder's top-heavy souffle of a romantic comedy. Julia Ormond is Sabrina, the chauffeur's daughter who...1995-12-22
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Harrison Ford, Greg Kinnear, Julia Ormond; Director: Sydney Pollack; MPAA Rating: PG
Posted December 22 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- Ellen Page says her 'Freeheld' role inspired her to come out
- 'Brides of Dracula' series from 'Arrow' producer gets NBC pilot commitment
- 'SYTYCD' mentor blog: Travis Wall on why the judges 'floored' him this week
- Christina Applegate is a terrible Meryl Streep in Funny or Die's Lifetime spoof
- Wrestling legend Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka charged in 1983 murder
- Meet Denise, Kermit the Frog's new love interest
- And the Oscar producing gig goes to...
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Victoria Justice, Andrew & Laura, Rihanna and More!