Sabrina (PG) A remake of Billy Wilder’s top-heavy souffle of a romantic comedy. Julia Ormond is Sabrina, the chauffeur’s daughter who has spent her girlhood coveting the lives of the Larrabees, the filthy rich Long Island family that employs her father. In particular, she adores David (Greg Kinnear), the goofy playboy son. When he falls for her, endangering a family business merger, his brother, Linus (Harrison Ford), takes it upon himself to woo Sabrina away. This is a Cinderella fantasy in which Cinderella has to rescue the prince, and Ford’s quiet melancholy sneaks up on you. As a character, though, Linus no longer makes sense: He’s a tough, virile wheeler-dealer who seems like a virgin. Ormond, on the other hand, evokes Audrey Hepburn’s aristocratic delicacy, and Kinnear brings an endearing innocence to David, the short-attention-span romantic. B-
Sabrina (Movie - 1995) Sabrina (PG) A remake of Billy Wilder's top-heavy souffle of a romantic comedy. Julia Ormond is Sabrina, the chauffeur's daughter who...Sabrina (Movie - 1995)ComedyPG Sabrina (PG) A remake of Billy Wilder's top-heavy souffle of a romantic comedy. Julia Ormond is Sabrina, the chauffeur's daughter who...1995-12-22
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Harrison Ford, Greg Kinnear, Julia Ormond; Director: Sydney Pollack; MPAA Rating: PG
Posted December 22 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- Colin Donnell joins 'Chicago Med' cast
- Fans of 'The Goonies' are ringing in the 30th anniversary of the film in a big way
- Action Bronson removed from main stage of NXNE in wake of petition
- Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch: By the numbers
- Lifetime's 'The Secret Life of Marilyn Monroe' is hardly revealing
- 'Splatoon' impressions: The surprising fun of Nintendo's new shooter
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 best festivals
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 biggest albums
- TV Season Finale Awards: YOUR 2015 winners are...
- Chris Pratt makes a splash: EW Summer Must List photos
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- Cruel Intentions Reunion, Kim Kardashian, Soleil & Demi and More!