Go ahead and call him a pig. Unlike other Hollywood players who have earned the moniker, this mud-wallowing, garbage-eating, follicularly challenged specimen is our idea of hog heaven. In his debut role as a porker who thinks that he’s a dog and hangs out with sheep, Babe hammed it up and left the herd far behind, grunting his lines with grace and dignity as he embarked on a journey of self-discovery. Sure, he wore a hairpiece and needed a little help when it came to expressing himself, but then, so did Burt Reynolds in his heyday. Babe has so far earned $55.9 million thanks to this newcomer’s meaty performance, and whatever his future may be, one thing’s for certain: Fame be-hooves him.
Posted December 29 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Fallout 4' officially announced
- Jamie xx performs on French TV with xx cohort Romy
- When fans can expect to hear Janet Jackson's new album
- Carey Mulligan and Meryl Streep fight for the vote in new 'Suffragette' trailer
- Kellie Pickler just released what might become your favorite new summer jam
- Harper Lee: Rare letters up for auction