Go ahead and call him a pig. Unlike other Hollywood players who have earned the moniker, this mud-wallowing, garbage-eating, follicularly challenged specimen is our idea of hog heaven. In his debut role as a porker who thinks that he’s a dog and hangs out with sheep, Babe hammed it up and left the herd far behind, grunting his lines with grace and dignity as he embarked on a journey of self-discovery. Sure, he wore a hairpiece and needed a little help when it came to expressing himself, but then, so did Burt Reynolds in his heyday. Babe has so far earned $55.9 million thanks to this newcomer’s meaty performance, and whatever his future may be, one thing’s for certain: Fame be-hooves him.
Posted December 29 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- Jamie Lynn Spears returning to TV for first show since 'Zoey 101'
- The Must List: 'Me Before You' will make you cry
- Bond girl? Try Bond! See these leading ladies as 007
- Leona Lewis joins 'Cats' on Broadway as Grizabella
- 'Silicon' Valley: Watch Erlich hurl insults for nearly five minutes straight
- Norman Reedus teases explosive 'Walking Dead' return
- Dustin Diamond arrested for allegedly violating probation