Go ahead and call him a pig. Unlike other Hollywood players who have earned the moniker, this mud-wallowing, garbage-eating, follicularly challenged specimen is our idea of hog heaven. In his debut role as a porker who thinks that he’s a dog and hangs out with sheep, Babe hammed it up and left the herd far behind, grunting his lines with grace and dignity as he embarked on a journey of self-discovery. Sure, he wore a hairpiece and needed a little help when it came to expressing himself, but then, so did Burt Reynolds in his heyday. Babe has so far earned $55.9 million thanks to this newcomer’s meaty performance, and whatever his future may be, one thing’s for certain: Fame be-hooves him.
Posted December 29 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' star on that shocking casualty
- Jennifer Garner joins Bryan Cranston in 'Wakefield'
- 'Girlfriends' Guide to Divorce' season 2 premiere react: Abby gets schooled in divorce
- New 'X-Files' promo asks, 'Are we being lied to?'
- 'Real Housewives' star Yolanda Foster and music producer David Foster are divorcing
- Morrissey wins the award for the worst sex writing
- Helen Mirren in talks to join Will Smith in 'Collateral Beauty'