Go ahead and call him a pig. Unlike other Hollywood players who have earned the moniker, this mud-wallowing, garbage-eating, follicularly challenged specimen is our idea of hog heaven. In his debut role as a porker who thinks that he’s a dog and hangs out with sheep, Babe hammed it up and left the herd far behind, grunting his lines with grace and dignity as he embarked on a journey of self-discovery. Sure, he wore a hairpiece and needed a little help when it came to expressing himself, but then, so did Burt Reynolds in his heyday. Babe has so far earned $55.9 million thanks to this newcomer’s meaty performance, and whatever his future may be, one thing’s for certain: Fame be-hooves him.
Posted December 29 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- Stan Lee attends 'Ant-Man' premiere
- Casting Net: Radcliffe and Dano lead 'Swiss Army Man' cast
- AC/DC near streaming deals?
- Jack Carter, comedian-actor, dies at 93
- NeNe Leakes exiting 'Real Housewives'
- 'Star Trek' title confirmed: Justin Lin shares first photo from 'Beyond'
- 'Ghostbusters' uniform: Paul Feig tweets first look