Go ahead and call him a pig. Unlike other Hollywood players who have earned the moniker, this mud-wallowing, garbage-eating, follicularly challenged specimen is our idea of hog heaven. In his debut role as a porker who thinks that he’s a dog and hangs out with sheep, Babe hammed it up and left the herd far behind, grunting his lines with grace and dignity as he embarked on a journey of self-discovery. Sure, he wore a hairpiece and needed a little help when it came to expressing himself, but then, so did Burt Reynolds in his heyday. Babe has so far earned $55.9 million thanks to this newcomer’s meaty performance, and whatever his future may be, one thing’s for certain: Fame be-hooves him.
Posted December 29 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters