Go ahead and call him a pig. Unlike other Hollywood players who have earned the moniker, this mud-wallowing, garbage-eating, follicularly challenged specimen is our idea of hog heaven. In his debut role as a porker who thinks that he’s a dog and hangs out with sheep, Babe hammed it up and left the herd far behind, grunting his lines with grace and dignity as he embarked on a journey of self-discovery. Sure, he wore a hairpiece and needed a little help when it came to expressing himself, but then, so did Burt Reynolds in his heyday. Babe has so far earned $55.9 million thanks to this newcomer’s meaty performance, and whatever his future may be, one thing’s for certain: Fame be-hooves him.
Posted December 29 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- Will Smith thought 'Concussion' would 'have a bigger impact'
- 'Hamilton' star Anthony Ramos lands in Spike Lee Netflix series
- Scott Snyder and Jeff Lemire team up for 'A.D.: After Death'
- Jesse Williams urges Americans to vote in powerful PSA
- Lifetime's Britney Spears biopic finds its Justin Timberlake
- Tom Petty named 2017 MusiCares Person of the Year
- The Weeknd ditches his former self in 'Starboy' video