Remember the rubbernecking appearance Jayne Mansfield made in 1956’s The Girl Can’t Help It? Well, Salma Hayek one-upped her, 39 years later, in Desperado. Already a soap star in her native Mexico, Hayek, 25, sashayed into the American eye this year, leaving in her wake an on-screen fender-bender caused by two gawking admirers. Ever since Hayek pulled off the impossible — namely, outsmoldering costar Antonio Banderas — her Filofax has been filled. Next, she reteams with Desperado director Robert Rodriguez in the vampire flick From Dusk Till Dawn (due in February). ”Robert wants me to only be in his films,” she laughs, ”but I have to eat.” Then comes the doomstruck romance Breaking Up. While the weeper may not have Desperado’s explosions and bullets, Hayek will still be packing heat. She just can’t help it.
Posted December 29 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Survivor': Jeff Probst explains what makes this season so different
- Carpool Karaoke confession: Madonna made out with Michael Jackson
- Pioneering stand-up comedian Adrianne Tolsch dies at 78
- Jennifer Hudson's 'Hairspray Live!' performance had celebs cheering
- Relive 'Hairspray Live!' with all the best GIFs
- Jennifer Lopez teases 'Bye Bye Birdie,' NBC's next live musical
- Kristin Davis thinks the 'Sex and the City' story is 'not finished'
- This Is What the 2001 'Ocean's Eleven' Premiere Looked Like
- 17 Star-Studded Celebrity Cookbooks
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2016: See Photos From the Catwalk
- Books Gift Guide 2016: 31 Books For Your Wish List
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot