On the surface, Torin’s Passage is another medieval quest featuring crystals, a princess, and — surprise! — an evil sorceress. Inside, though, lurks the heart of a borscht-belt comic. The fast-moving animated tale boasts killer material, including a sitcom from hell complete with sanctimonious audience. But many jokes, like using ”Alimacgraw!” as a magic word, are rim-shot cornball. Puzzles are uneven, ranging from terrific brain benders to those that can be solved by semi-random clicks of the mouse. By the way, keep tech support’s number handy; you may encounter a game-stopping glitch that Sierra will help you remedy. B+
Posted February 23 1996 — 12:00 AM EST
- Ryan Adams is done covering albums after Taylor Swift's '1989'
- Watch the first two episodes of Hulu's 'Freakish'
- Hanson sang the national anthem the last time Cleveland made the World Series
- 'DWTS' used the 'Outlander' theme song — and it went over big
- Michael Gleason, 'Remington Steele' co-creator, dies at 78
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Can the team work with Daisy and Ghost Rider?
- Trump launches surreal nightly newscast