On the surface, Torin’s Passage is another medieval quest featuring crystals, a princess, and — surprise! — an evil sorceress. Inside, though, lurks the heart of a borscht-belt comic. The fast-moving animated tale boasts killer material, including a sitcom from hell complete with sanctimonious audience. But many jokes, like using ”Alimacgraw!” as a magic word, are rim-shot cornball. Puzzles are uneven, ranging from terrific brain benders to those that can be solved by semi-random clicks of the mouse. By the way, keep tech support’s number handy; you may encounter a game-stopping glitch that Sierra will help you remedy. B+
Posted February 23 1996 — 12:00 AM EST
- Chris Rock announces first stand-up tour in 9 years
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' trailer: Humans and Transformers face off
- George R.R. Martin on 'Winds of Winter': 'Things are getting worse'
- 'Green Hornet' star Van Williams dies at 82
- 'Baywatch' is hitting the beach on Memorial Day weekend
- Beyoncé was already a star at age 10, unearthed footage proves
- See Madonna twerk to 'Bitch I'm Madonna' on Carpool Karaoke
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday