When the beautiful ones put up the Mr. & Mrs. [The Artist Formerly Known as Prince] Site (http://www. thedawn.com), dedicated to their Valentine’s Day nuptials, you just knew it would be awash in purple and lace. But it’s also overflowing with pitches for virtually every Princely item available, from videos to CD collections to $375 tour jackets. The wedding program showcases several surreal, supersaturated color photos of [The artist formerly known as Prince] and his bride, Mayte Garcia-[The artist formerly known as Prince], and it reads like a fairy tale written in Paisley Park (”Most understanding of all is Mayte — his true soulmate”). Fans will want to bookmark this one, but others may wonder about the depth of sentiment that’s revealed in turning a wedding into a marketing event. C+
Posted March 8 1996 — 12:00 AM EST
- Woody Allen says private life doesn't resonate in his films
- 'Law & Order' director arrested on child pornography charges
- 'Secret in Their Eyes' gets new release date
- 'Friends' creator: Those $1 million cast salaries were 'ridiculous'
- See a clip from Lifetime's 'The Unauthorized Full House Story'
- NatGeo announces 'Big Game of Thrones,' admits HBO won't let them keep title
- Bryan Cranston’s 'Sneaky Pete' pilot picked up by Amazon
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Tyra Banks, The Madden Bros., Taylor Schilling & More!