When the beautiful ones put up the Mr. & Mrs. [The Artist Formerly Known as Prince] Site (http://www. thedawn.com), dedicated to their Valentine’s Day nuptials, you just knew it would be awash in purple and lace. But it’s also overflowing with pitches for virtually every Princely item available, from videos to CD collections to $375 tour jackets. The wedding program showcases several surreal, supersaturated color photos of [The artist formerly known as Prince] and his bride, Mayte Garcia-[The artist formerly known as Prince], and it reads like a fairy tale written in Paisley Park (”Most understanding of all is Mayte — his true soulmate”). Fans will want to bookmark this one, but others may wonder about the depth of sentiment that’s revealed in turning a wedding into a marketing event. C+
Posted March 8 1996 — 12:00 AM EST
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt