When the beautiful ones put up the Mr. & Mrs. [The Artist Formerly Known as Prince] Site (http://www. thedawn.com), dedicated to their Valentine’s Day nuptials, you just knew it would be awash in purple and lace. But it’s also overflowing with pitches for virtually every Princely item available, from videos to CD collections to $375 tour jackets. The wedding program showcases several surreal, supersaturated color photos of [The artist formerly known as Prince] and his bride, Mayte Garcia-[The artist formerly known as Prince], and it reads like a fairy tale written in Paisley Park (”Most understanding of all is Mayte — his true soulmate”). Fans will want to bookmark this one, but others may wonder about the depth of sentiment that’s revealed in turning a wedding into a marketing event. C+
Posted January 17 2015 — 1:02 PM EST
- 'Batman v Superman' has two new posters to go along with that trailer
- 'Fantastic Four' trailer arrives with hints of Doom
- 'Star Wars: Rogue One' will depict raid to steal original Death Star plans
- 'Furious 7' holds off 'Paul Blart' to win box office for third weekend in a row
- Victoria Justice breaks news to fans on Twitter: 'Eye Candy' canceled by MTV
- Jon Stewart explains why he quit 'The Daily Show'
- Jason Sudeikis: Now (Tribeca), then ('SNL'), future ('Fletch'?)
- Blake Lively in 'Age of Adaline': Style when you're forever 29
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- Kellie Pickler, Julia Roberts, Taylor Swift & More!