When the beautiful ones put up the Mr. & Mrs. [The Artist Formerly Known as Prince] Site (http://www. thedawn.com), dedicated to their Valentine’s Day nuptials, you just knew it would be awash in purple and lace. But it’s also overflowing with pitches for virtually every Princely item available, from videos to CD collections to $375 tour jackets. The wedding program showcases several surreal, supersaturated color photos of [The artist formerly known as Prince] and his bride, Mayte Garcia-[The artist formerly known as Prince], and it reads like a fairy tale written in Paisley Park (”Most understanding of all is Mayte — his true soulmate”). Fans will want to bookmark this one, but others may wonder about the depth of sentiment that’s revealed in turning a wedding into a marketing event. C+
Posted March 8 1996 — 12:00 AM EST
- Hear Icona Pop's new single 'Emergency'
- 'It' on hold; director Cary Fukunaga exits
- 'Jurassic World' director Colin Trevorrow dishes on deadly new dino Indominus Rex
- Drake: 'Madonna' out, 'Rihanna' in?
- Ben Stiller tweets about mom Anne Meara
- Max Greenfield joins 'AHS: Hotel' cast
- Josh Duggar: Eye on awkward joke in clip
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Christina & Matt, Kendall Jenner, Jordin Sparks & More!