The good news: The Stone Temple Pilots don’t sound like Pearl Jam clones anymore. The bad news: On ”Big Bang Baby”, the bash-it-out single from their upcoming Tiny Music… Songs From the Vatican Gift Shop, they weld together a spy-movie riff and a hair-metal chorus and end up not sounding like anything, not even their old derivative selves. The same old news: Stardom still sucks, as evidenced by lyrics like ”sell your soul to sign an autograph.”
Big Bang Baby The good news: The Stone Temple Pilots don't sound like Pearl Jam clones anymore. The bad news: On ''Big Bang Baby'', the bash-it-out...Big Bang BabyRock The good news: The Stone Temple Pilots don't sound like Pearl Jam clones anymore. The bad news: On ''Big Bang Baby'', the bash-it-out...1996-03-29
Posted March 29 1996 — 12:00 AM EST
- Arthur Conan Doyle's estate is suing Miramax over 'Mr. Holmes'
- A$AP Rocky and Schoolboy Q shock with 'Electric Body'
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen aren't returning for Netflix's 'Fuller House'
- Two more (unofficial) Drake songs leak, including Tinashe collaboration
- Bask in '90s nostalgia with this a ca-mazing 'Boy Meets World' medley
- Eminem to executive produce 'Southpaw' soundtrack: Hear a sneak peek of his new song
- Michael B. Jordan: Why I'm Torching the color line in 'Fantastic Four'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- George Clooney, Meghan Trainor, Pharrell & Zoë and More!