What’s the difference between erotica, kitsch, and inadvertent comedy? When you’re talking about Wild Orchid director Zalman King’s latest movie about sex, Delta of Venus, the answer is ”Not enough.” Based on several Anais Nin stories, Venus is supposedly set in 1940s Paris, where a pretty American writer (England) learns to love with abandon, but it looks like a 1987 jeans commercial. And video viewers get the Hobson’s choice of a tamer, R-rated version, which means more boring narrative, or an unrated version, which means more sweatless sex.
Delta of Venus What's the difference between erotica, kitsch, and inadvertent comedy? When you're talking about Wild Orchid director Zalman King's latest...Delta of VenusErotic, DramaPT99MUnrated What's the difference between erotica, kitsch, and inadvertent comedy? When you're talking about Wild Orchid director Zalman King's latest...1996-03-29
Genre: Erotic, Drama; Starring: Costas Mandylor, Audie England; Director: Zalman King; Runtime (in minutes): 99; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted March 29 1996 — 12:00 AM EST
- All the stars Donald Trump slammed on Twitter during his run for president
- Matt LeBlanc on beginning 'Man With a Plan' and ending 'Episodes'
- Oscar frontrunners set to gather at EW PopFest
- Tom Hanks still remembers the rap from 'Big'
- 'Walking Dead' quiz: How well do you know dead characters' last lines?
- Sean Penn on the political relevance of 'Bob Honey Who Just Do Stuff'
- Margot Robbie in talks to join 'Peter Rabbit' movie