The futuristic horse opera Backlash: Oblivion 2, though padded with a lengthy title sequence and a seven-minute flashback to the direct-to-video original, still crams in plenty of action, as the evil Lash (Musetta Vander) hooks up with the even-more-evil twin (Andrew Divoff) of her dead reptilian lover. The movie piles on the in-jokes (like Star Trek’s George Takei flashing the Vulcan greeting) and finds interesting uses for Julie Newmar and Isaac Hayes. But the film-nerd fun includes unnecessary sex, keeping this franchise from serving its rightful purpose as a great kids’ series.
Genre: Western, Action/Adventure, Sci-fi and Fantasy; Starring: Jackie Swanson, Richard Joseph Paul, Isaac Hayes, Julie Newmar, Maxwell Caulfield, Carel Struychen, George Takei; Director: Sam Irvin; Runtime (in minutes): 83; MPAA Rating: PG-13
Posted April 12 1996 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Lin-Manuel Miranda live-tweeted commentary for 'Hamilton's America'
- J.K. Rowling loves Amy Schumer's book
- Chris Pratt encourages people to go outside and look for trolls
- Kanye West scored Kardashian family movies to 'Only One' for Kim's birthday
- 'Once Upon a Time' star says Robin Hood return provides closure
- Jason Sudeikis duets with Harry Connick Jr. as Harry Connick Jr.
- Chris Pine cast in Ava DuVernay's 'A Wrinkle in Time'