Reluctant biographer Melissa Rossi (she prefers writing ”stupid little novels,” and it shows) does a respectable job of clambering into the tousled blond head of Courtney Love in Courtney Love: Queen of Noise. Although the Kurt material is quite predictable, there’s plenty of seamy secondhand detail about Love’s pre-Cobain adventures: the weird juxtaposition of trust fund and foster homes, the strip clubs, the drug forays in now-notorious Pacific Northwest neighborhoods. Though this biography isn’t authorized, Rossi has actually hung out with grunge’s most famous widow, so the book’s high school-hallway-chitchat mode is pretty informative. One caveat: The singer’s exhibitionistic tendencies are simplistically traced to insecurity about a coarse physical appearance (she’s dubbed, alternately, a ”dumpling-bodied yapper” and a ”big doughy sack of intensity”). Love partisans will object, and indeed, there’s got to be a better explanation for that mouth she’s got on her.
Courtney Love: Queen of Noise Reluctant biographer Melissa Rossi (she prefers writing ''stupid little novels,'' and it shows) does a respectable job of clambering into the tousled...Courtney Love: Queen of NoiseBiography, Music, NonfictionMelissa Rossi Reluctant biographer Melissa Rossi (she prefers writing ''stupid little novels,'' and it shows) does a respectable job of clambering into the tousled...1996-04-12Pocket Books
Genre: Biography, Music, Nonfiction; Author: Melissa Rossi; Publisher: Pocket Books
Posted April 12 1996 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Ron Howard responds to Tom Hanks' 'SNL' impersonation
- Newt Gingrich tells Megyn Kelly she's 'fascinated with sex'
- 'Prisoner of Azkaban': Designers reveal what they snuck into the film
- Lady Gaga crashes James Corden's monologue
- What to Watch Wednesday: 'Rectify' enters its final season
- Carpool Karaoke: Lady Gaga sings, James Corden wears meat dress
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Philinda finally going to happen?
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers
- This Is What the 2001 CMAs Looked Like
- 'Smallville': Where Are They Now?
- Flashback to Taylor Swift's First Album Drop