If there’s a reason to upgrade your stereo, it’s the solar-system sound of Underworld. On its second record Second Toughest in the Infants, the Brit techno trio reveals a subtle rhythmic genius. This is no dumb-bass dance music. Underworld know how to expand the frenzy of techno and jungle and then retreat to an ambient cool. The art is in the segue. B+
Second Toughest in the Infants If there's a reason to upgrade your stereo, it's the solar-system sound of Underworld. On its second record Second Toughest in the InfantsSecond Toughest in the InfantsElectronic If there's a reason to upgrade your stereo, it's the solar-system sound of Underworld. On its second record Second Toughest in the Infants1996-04-26
Genre: Electronic; Producer (group): T, Wax Trax
Posted April 26 1996 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Drew Pearce offers update on future 'Ghostbusters' project
- A quick guide to the different versions of 'Holiday Road' in 'Vacation'
- Amazon signs 'Top Gear' trio for new show
- Amy Sedaris lends Jimmy Fallon a helping hand while his finger heals
- #NewHarryPotterBooks we'd actually want to read
- See the chilling first trailer for Brie Larson’s 'Room'
- 'Astronaut Wives Club' creator says Space Race will take a 'darker turn'
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Ed Helms, Jenny McCarthy, Joel Edgerton & More!