If there’s a reason to upgrade your stereo, it’s the solar-system sound of Underworld. On its second record Second Toughest in the Infants, the Brit techno trio reveals a subtle rhythmic genius. This is no dumb-bass dance music. Underworld know how to expand the frenzy of techno and jungle and then retreat to an ambient cool. The art is in the segue. B+
Second Toughest in the Infants If there's a reason to upgrade your stereo, it's the solar-system sound of Underworld. On its second record Second Toughest in the InfantsSecond Toughest in the InfantsElectronic If there's a reason to upgrade your stereo, it's the solar-system sound of Underworld. On its second record Second Toughest in the Infants1996-04-26
Genre: Electronic; Producer (group): T, Wax Trax
Posted January 17 2015 — 3:45 PM EST
- Tom Hardy, Charlize Theron avoid explosions in 'Mad Max: Fury Road' teasers
- Gene Saks, Tony-winning director, dies
- Scientology doc 'Going Clear' airing Sunday on HBO
- Kids' Choice Awards 2015: See who got slimed
- 'Home' is where the weekend box office crown is: $54M debut
- Destiny's Child reunited at Stellar Gospel Music Awards
- Angelina Jolie visits the Kids Choice Awards
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Justin Theroux, Josh Gad, Kristen Stewart & More!