If there’s a reason to upgrade your stereo, it’s the solar-system sound of Underworld. On its second record Second Toughest in the Infants, the Brit techno trio reveals a subtle rhythmic genius. This is no dumb-bass dance music. Underworld know how to expand the frenzy of techno and jungle and then retreat to an ambient cool. The art is in the segue. B+
Second Toughest in the Infants If there's a reason to upgrade your stereo, it's the solar-system sound of Underworld. On its second record Second Toughest in the InfantsSecond Toughest in the InfantsElectronic If there's a reason to upgrade your stereo, it's the solar-system sound of Underworld. On its second record Second Toughest in the Infants1996-04-26
Genre: Electronic; Producer (group): T, Wax Trax
Posted April 26 1996 — 12:00 AM EDT
- How the novel 'Star Wars: Aftermath' sets up 'The Force Awakens'
- The lawsuit over 'Mr. Holmes' has been settled, attorney says
- Kristen Bell’s gift to Dax Shepard makes us all miss 'Parenthood'
- Casting Net: Jason Momoa to star in lumberjack thriller Braven
- Brad Paisley gets ready for football season with 'Country Nation' video
- Selena Gomez is officially in 'Neighbors 2'
- Interracial family comedy in the works at NBC, from Parks and Recreation pair
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!