If there’s a reason to upgrade your stereo, it’s the solar-system sound of Underworld. On its second record Second Toughest in the Infants, the Brit techno trio reveals a subtle rhythmic genius. This is no dumb-bass dance music. Underworld know how to expand the frenzy of techno and jungle and then retreat to an ambient cool. The art is in the segue. B+
Second Toughest in the Infants If there's a reason to upgrade your stereo, it's the solar-system sound of Underworld. On its second record Second Toughest in the InfantsSecond Toughest in the InfantsElectronic If there's a reason to upgrade your stereo, it's the solar-system sound of Underworld. On its second record Second Toughest in the Infants1996-04-26
Genre: Electronic; Producer (group): T, Wax Trax
Posted April 26 1996 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Ghostbusters' new car: Paul Feig reveals #whattheygonnadrive
- Gay marriage ruling movie in the works at Fox
- Casting Net: Ellen Page signs on for Iraq War drama Lioness
- Hillary Clinton talks 'SNL' impressions
- Miss USA pageant names new hosts
- Rosie Perez leaving 'The View'
- Jeff Goldblum and wife welcome first son on the only possible day
- 'American Idol Live!' tour photos: Let's go backstage!
- They look like THAT now? See some of the latest child stars all grown up
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- Khloé Kardashian, Paul Rudd, Taylor Swift & More!