Given the movie’s mega-dollar marketing plan, it’s not surprising that U2’s rhythm section could be enticed to rework Lalo Schifrin’s geek-anthem original. What is surprising is that Larry Mullen and Adam Clayton’s considerable talents could produce a cover so inert and banal. The dance-friendly beat will undoubtedly keep ”Theme From Mission: Impossible” on the charts, but in no way is this pointless remake better than the real thing. C-
Theme From Mission: Impossible Given the movie's mega-dollar marketing plan, it's not surprising that U2's rhythm section could be enticed to rework Lalo Schifrin's geek-anthem...Theme From Mission: ImpossibleSoundtracks Given the movie's mega-dollar marketing plan, it's not surprising that U2's rhythm section could be enticed to rework Lalo Schifrin's geek-anthem...1996-05-10
Genre: Soundtracks; Lead Performers: Adam Clayton, Larry Mullen Jr.; Producer (group): Island, Mother
Posted May 10 1996 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Alyssa Milano and 'Hacktivist' writers dish on comics and technology
- Lupita Nyong'o to star in New York play written by 'Walking Dead' star
- Bikini Kill will release three new songs
- 'Wet Hot American Summer' creators on ... another sequel?
- Ivan Reitman releases statement on 'Ghostbusters' franchise
- 'Xena: Warrior Princess' stars reunite on Instagram
- 'The Good Wife's Archie Panjabi to guest-star on 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine'
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Jennifer Lopez, Brad Pitt, Candace & Lori and More!