Given the movie’s mega-dollar marketing plan, it’s not surprising that U2’s rhythm section could be enticed to rework Lalo Schifrin’s geek-anthem original. What is surprising is that Larry Mullen and Adam Clayton’s considerable talents could produce a cover so inert and banal. The dance-friendly beat will undoubtedly keep ”Theme From Mission: Impossible” on the charts, but in no way is this pointless remake better than the real thing. C-
Theme From Mission: Impossible Given the movie's mega-dollar marketing plan, it's not surprising that U2's rhythm section could be enticed to rework Lalo Schifrin's geek-anthem...Theme From Mission: ImpossibleSoundtracks Given the movie's mega-dollar marketing plan, it's not surprising that U2's rhythm section could be enticed to rework Lalo Schifrin's geek-anthem...1996-05-10
Genre: Soundtracks; Lead Performers: Adam Clayton, Larry Mullen Jr.; Producer (group): Island, Mother
Posted May 10 1996 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Adam McKay recounts how Johnny Depp agreed to play Trump
- See Adele photobomb fans in 'Live in London' concert special
- Ben Stiller on the death of his mother, Anne Meara: 'It affects me constantly'
- Paul Rudd & Steve Coogan to play a couple in 'An Ideal Home'
- Chris Rock brings the wine for a Shondaland Oscars in new promos
- Betty White gives 'Deadpool' four 'Golden Girls' in profanity-filled review
- Kanye West tweets about ‘The Life of Pablo’ delay