Given the movie’s mega-dollar marketing plan, it’s not surprising that U2’s rhythm section could be enticed to rework Lalo Schifrin’s geek-anthem original. What is surprising is that Larry Mullen and Adam Clayton’s considerable talents could produce a cover so inert and banal. The dance-friendly beat will undoubtedly keep ”Theme From Mission: Impossible” on the charts, but in no way is this pointless remake better than the real thing. C-
Theme From Mission: Impossible Given the movie's mega-dollar marketing plan, it's not surprising that U2's rhythm section could be enticed to rework Lalo Schifrin's geek-anthem...Theme From Mission: ImpossibleSoundtracks Given the movie's mega-dollar marketing plan, it's not surprising that U2's rhythm section could be enticed to rework Lalo Schifrin's geek-anthem...1996-05-10
Genre: Soundtracks; Lead Performers: Adam Clayton, Larry Mullen Jr.; Producer (group): Island, Mother
Posted May 10 1996 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Keke Palmer: 'Scream Queens' will be just 'as brutal' as 'American Horror Story'
- Empire State Building jams out to Grateful Dead with synchronized July 4 light show
- Dave Grohl's game of throne in D.C.
- Kit Harington: Buzz about his long hair
- Missy Elliott takes show into the crowd at Essence Fest
- 'Jurassic World' stomps 'Terminator Genisys,' 'Magic Mike XXL' at holiday box office
- Kelly Clarkson and more TV highlights from July 4
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!