This resurrected early-’70s companion to three films by schlock- meister auteur Jess Franco, Spain’s scorned, prolific purveyor of ”horrotica” (think Roger Corman meets Russ Meyer), displays a similarly incongruous, anything-goes bent — rock, jazz, and sitar ragas are all part of the mix. If Vampyros Lesbos inspires images of sparsely clad babes in cages, they’re of the disco variety rather than the dungeon. Not for cheese lovers only. B+
Vampyros Lesbos This resurrected early-'70s companion to three films by schlock- meister auteur Jess Franco, Spain's scorned, prolific purveyor of ''horrotica'' ...Vampyros LesbosSoundtracks This resurrected early-'70s companion to three films by schlock- meister auteur Jess Franco, Spain's scorned, prolific purveyor of ''horrotica'' ...1996-05-10
Posted May 10 1996 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Paul McCartney debuts new version of 'Tug of War' from forthcoming reissue -- exclusive
- Austin Mahone shares details of 'more mature' debut record
- Sofia Vergara channels Peg Bundy in Instagram post
- Jimmy Kimmel asks L.A. pedestrians if Barack Obama is a muslim
- Hear the melancholic title track off Patty Griffin's new album 'Servant of Love'
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race' queens step into 'Golden Girls' shoes in honor of 30th anniversary
- Amanda Peet says Jon Snow's death ended her marriage (she's kidding)
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Alessandra Ambrósio, The Kardashians, Malin Akerman & More!