This resurrected early-’70s companion to three films by schlock- meister auteur Jess Franco, Spain’s scorned, prolific purveyor of ”horrotica” (think Roger Corman meets Russ Meyer), displays a similarly incongruous, anything-goes bent — rock, jazz, and sitar ragas are all part of the mix. If Vampyros Lesbos inspires images of sparsely clad babes in cages, they’re of the disco variety rather than the dungeon. Not for cheese lovers only. B+
Vampyros Lesbos This resurrected early-'70s companion to three films by schlock- meister auteur Jess Franco, Spain's scorned, prolific purveyor of ''horrotica'' ...Vampyros LesbosSoundtracks This resurrected early-'70s companion to three films by schlock- meister auteur Jess Franco, Spain's scorned, prolific purveyor of ''horrotica'' ...1996-05-10
Posted May 10 1996 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Can’t Buy Me Love actress Amanda Peterson remembered by her mother
- Robert De Niro's 'The Comedian' finds a new director
- Who should play the young Han Solo in the 'Star Wars' spinoff? Vote now!
- Elodie Yung cast as Elektra in 'Daredevil' season 2
- Two more networks pull Bill Cosby reruns
- Subway drops Jared Fogle amid FBI investigation
- Grateful Dead's farewell shows earned estimated $55 million
- They look like THAT now? See some of the latest child stars all grown up
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Khloé Kardashian, Paul Rudd, Taylor Swift & More!