Though Vince Gill’s fans would disagree, his voice, a sort of soupy high-tenor, can be insufferably cloying. He’s evidently trying for a harder sound on High Lonesome Sound than on his recent mega-hits, but he’s too tame-hearted (or bottom-line conscious) to risk letting the rough edges show. If Gill shut up and played his guitar, he’d be a lot poorer — but the world wouldn’t be. B-
High Lonesome Sound Though Vince Gill's fans would disagree, his voice, a sort of soupy high-tenor, can be insufferably cloying. He's evidently trying for a harder sound...High Lonesome SoundCountry Though Vince Gill's fans would disagree, his voice, a sort of soupy high-tenor, can be insufferably cloying. He's evidently trying for a harder sound...1996-06-07
Genre: Country; Lead Performer: Vince Gill; Producer (group): MCA Nashville
Posted June 7 1996 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Justin Bieber sets Spotify record with 'What Do You Mean?'
- Exclusive 'A Christmas Horror Story' trailer promises shocks, scares, and Shatner
- See Simon Cowell get emotional during an 'X Factor' audition
- Box office preview: Sleepy Labor Day to quietly close out the summer
- 'Mr. Robot' had a perfect season on Rotten Tomatoes
- First Look: See Rob Riggle as 'Gator Dan' on 'Fresh Off the Boat'
- Netflix renews 'Narcos' for season 2
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!