Though Vince Gill’s fans would disagree, his voice, a sort of soupy high-tenor, can be insufferably cloying. He’s evidently trying for a harder sound on High Lonesome Sound than on his recent mega-hits, but he’s too tame-hearted (or bottom-line conscious) to risk letting the rough edges show. If Gill shut up and played his guitar, he’d be a lot poorer — but the world wouldn’t be. B-
High Lonesome Sound Though Vince Gill's fans would disagree, his voice, a sort of soupy high-tenor, can be insufferably cloying. He's evidently trying for a harder sound...High Lonesome SoundCountry Though Vince Gill's fans would disagree, his voice, a sort of soupy high-tenor, can be insufferably cloying. He's evidently trying for a harder sound...1996-06-07
Genre: Country; Lead Performer: Vince Gill; Producer (group): MCA Nashville
Posted June 7 1996 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Barack Obama slams Donald Trump at DNC: 'We don’t look to be ruled'
- 'Con Man': Alan Tudyk and Nathan Fillion want a ‘Spectrum’ movie
- See President Obama's DNC intro video, narrated by Bryan Cranston
- Michael Keaton on 'Beetlejuice' sequel: 'It's possible that ship has sailed'
- 'Another Period' guest blog: Natasha Leggero, Riki Lindhome on latest episode
- 'Barely Famous': Sara, Erin Foster on celebrity stalkers, TV industry
- Lenny Kravitz asks to 'Let Love Rule' for DNC performance
- 'Planet of the Apes': See the Famous Faces Behind the Makeup
- Toronto Film Festival 2016: See First Look Images From This Year's Lineup
- 'One Tree Hill': Where Are They Now?
- 'Little Miss Sunshine': Where Are They Now?
- 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child': 22 Magical Photos
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 4 Panels