Though Vince Gill’s fans would disagree, his voice, a sort of soupy high-tenor, can be insufferably cloying. He’s evidently trying for a harder sound on High Lonesome Sound than on his recent mega-hits, but he’s too tame-hearted (or bottom-line conscious) to risk letting the rough edges show. If Gill shut up and played his guitar, he’d be a lot poorer — but the world wouldn’t be. B-
High Lonesome Sound Though Vince Gill's fans would disagree, his voice, a sort of soupy high-tenor, can be insufferably cloying. He's evidently trying for a harder sound...High Lonesome SoundCountry Though Vince Gill's fans would disagree, his voice, a sort of soupy high-tenor, can be insufferably cloying. He's evidently trying for a harder sound...1996-06-07
Genre: Country; Lead Performer: Vince Gill; Producer (group): MCA Nashville
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- Ariana Grande adds new dates and cities to The Honeymoon Tour
- 'Saturday Night Live' best host poll: The Rock flexes his comedy muscles
- Smashing Pumpkins explore PTSD in "Drum + Fife" video
- 'Sherlock' co-creator: For the last time, Holmes is not gay
- Jamie Foxx makes controversial Bruce Jenner joke at iHeartRadio Music Awards
- Play a 'Super Mario 64' level online for free
- Death threats against BBC director investigated following Jeremy Clarkson firing
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Blake Shelton, Destiny's Child, Claire & Don and More!