Director George C. Wolfe and Savion Glover, Bring in ‘da Noise, Bring in ‘da Funk’s 22-year-old choreographer-star, reclaim tap as a black art form in an explosive and bravely literal-minded chronicle of the genre’s history from slavery to the present. The music is beautiful and the dancing exuberant, but Funk is serious business, with vicious, funny send-ups of Uncle Tomism in Hollywood. A
Genre: Action/Adventure, Sci-fi and Fantasy; Starring: Sean Connery, Dennis Quaid, Jason Isaacs, Dina Meyer, Pete Postlethwaite, David Thewlis, Brian Thompson; Director: Rob Cohen; Author: Charles Edward Pogue; Runtime (in minutes): 103; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Universal
Posted January 17 2015 — 10:36 AM EST
- Casting Net: Nikolaj Coster-Waldau to star in thriller 'Shot Caller'
- Christian Bale knee injury delays production on Fox's 'The Deep Blue Good-by'
- Jared Leto as 'Suicide Squad' Joker: David Ayer tweets a photo
- Why Tidal's success (or failure) doesn't matter
- Celebrities express their support for Bruce Jenner
- Harry Styles will leave One Direction next, says Lance Bass