Director George C. Wolfe and Savion Glover, Bring in ‘da Noise, Bring in ‘da Funk’s 22-year-old choreographer-star, reclaim tap as a black art form in an explosive and bravely literal-minded chronicle of the genre’s history from slavery to the present. The music is beautiful and the dancing exuberant, but Funk is serious business, with vicious, funny send-ups of Uncle Tomism in Hollywood. A
Genre: Action/Adventure, Sci-fi and Fantasy; Starring: Sean Connery, Dennis Quaid, Jason Isaacs, Dina Meyer, Pete Postlethwaite, David Thewlis, Brian Thompson; Director: Rob Cohen; Author: Charles Edward Pogue; Runtime (in minutes): 103; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Universal
Posted June 14 1996 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Kelly Rowland at Essence Fest previews BET series to find next great girl group
- The Nathan's Hot Dog Eating contest crowned a new champion on July 4
- Michael Douglas' mother dies at 92
- Hello Kitty movie targeted for 2019
- 'Suicide Squad' on-set photo: Harley Quinn birthday cake for Margot Robbie
- Caitlyn Jenner 'proud to be an American'
- Lil Wayne: 'Free Weezy Album' on Tidal
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!