Director George C. Wolfe and Savion Glover, Bring in ‘da Noise, Bring in ‘da Funk’s 22-year-old choreographer-star, reclaim tap as a black art form in an explosive and bravely literal-minded chronicle of the genre’s history from slavery to the present. The music is beautiful and the dancing exuberant, but Funk is serious business, with vicious, funny send-ups of Uncle Tomism in Hollywood. A
Genre: Action/Adventure, Sci-fi and Fantasy; Starring: Sean Connery, Dennis Quaid, Jason Isaacs, Dina Meyer, Pete Postlethwaite, David Thewlis, Brian Thompson; Director: Rob Cohen; Author: Charles Edward Pogue; Runtime (in minutes): 103; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Universal
Posted June 14 1996 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Mark Strong on his epic role in 'A View from the Bridge'
- Jennifer Lawrence on the end of 'The Hunger Games'
- Blur frontman Damon Albarn denies Adele feud
- 'The Grinder' creators tease Thanksgiving episode featuring Jason Alexander and Timothy Olyphant
- *NSYNC members react to Adele breaking their sales record
- 'Dames at Sea,' 'Sylvia' to close on Broadway
- 'Quantico' casts three recruits joining midseason