Director George C. Wolfe and Savion Glover, Bring in ‘da Noise, Bring in ‘da Funk’s 22-year-old choreographer-star, reclaim tap as a black art form in an explosive and bravely literal-minded chronicle of the genre’s history from slavery to the present. The music is beautiful and the dancing exuberant, but Funk is serious business, with vicious, funny send-ups of Uncle Tomism in Hollywood. A
Genre: Action/Adventure, Sci-fi and Fantasy; Starring: Sean Connery, Dennis Quaid, Jason Isaacs, Dina Meyer, Pete Postlethwaite, David Thewlis, Brian Thompson; Director: Rob Cohen; Author: Charles Edward Pogue; Runtime (in minutes): 103; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Universal
Posted June 14 1996 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Now's your chance to see 'Mad Max: Fury Road' in IMAX theaters
- Obama to honor Stephen King, Sally Field with National Medals of Arts
- Queen Elizabeth is a huge fan of 'Downton Abbey'
- You can binge all of TNT's new show 'Public Morals' — only on Labor Day weekend
- New 'Batman v Superman' pics show Wonder Woman, the Batmobile
- 'Star Wars: Aftermath': Finding Han Solo for a quick galactic run
- Kanye West sends Taylor Swift flowers after the 2015 VMAs
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Johnny Depp, Gabrielle Union, Karlie Kloss & More!