Director George C. Wolfe and Savion Glover, Bring in ‘da Noise, Bring in ‘da Funk’s 22-year-old choreographer-star, reclaim tap as a black art form in an explosive and bravely literal-minded chronicle of the genre’s history from slavery to the present. The music is beautiful and the dancing exuberant, but Funk is serious business, with vicious, funny send-ups of Uncle Tomism in Hollywood. A
Genre: Action/Adventure, Sci-fi and Fantasy; Starring: Sean Connery, Dennis Quaid, Jason Isaacs, Dina Meyer, Pete Postlethwaite, David Thewlis, Brian Thompson; Director: Rob Cohen; Author: Charles Edward Pogue; Runtime (in minutes): 103; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Universal
Posted June 14 1996 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Box office preview: 'Don't Breathe' stalks top spot
- Rory Culkin's life becomes a nightmare in trailer for 'Jack Goes Home'
- Denzel Washington circling lead role in Dan Gilroy's 'Inner City'
- Hear Florence + the Machine's 'Wish That You Were Here'
- Ann Coulter, Ralph Macchio added to Rob Lowe roast
- 'Days of Our Lives' star Kassie DePaiva reveals leukemia diagnosis
- Final Five gymnastics team will present at the VMAs