As much as I enjoyed the original Dragoon — a fantasy flight simulator that accompanied Saturn’s debut a year ago — it had a rushed, pixilated quality, no doubt attributable to the fact that Sega launched Saturn months ahead of schedule to one-up Sony’s PlayStation. Now Sega has finally taken the time to get things right: The sequel Panzer Dragoon Zwei II, in which you pilot an ammunition-packed dragon across vivid 3-D landscapes, is as intense as anything in the movie Dragonheart (with which it has no affiliation, though the medieval synergy can’t hurt). It’s also as fiery hot as any game from PlayStation. A
Posted June 14 1996 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Mark Hamill to return as The Joker for 'The Killing Joke'
- Hugh Jackman shares final ‘Wolverine’ teaser image
- Casting Net: Morgan Freeman leads up action film 'Down to a Sunless Sea'
- 'The Bachelorette': And the 'winner' is...
- Richard Linklater in talks to direct Jennifer Lawrence in 'The Rosie Project'
- 'All the Bright Places' starring Elle Fanning finds its director
- HBO developing new Wild West drama series 'Untamed'
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Matthew & Keri, Katy Perry, Cate Blanchett & More!