As much as I enjoyed the original Dragoon — a fantasy flight simulator that accompanied Saturn’s debut a year ago — it had a rushed, pixilated quality, no doubt attributable to the fact that Sega launched Saturn months ahead of schedule to one-up Sony’s PlayStation. Now Sega has finally taken the time to get things right: The sequel Panzer Dragoon Zwei II, in which you pilot an ammunition-packed dragon across vivid 3-D landscapes, is as intense as anything in the movie Dragonheart (with which it has no affiliation, though the medieval synergy can’t hurt). It’s also as fiery hot as any game from PlayStation. A
Posted June 14 1996 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Broadway-bound 'SpongeBob' musical to premiering in Chicago
- 'Drunk History' season 3 scoop: Will Ferrell as Roald Dahl and more
- One Direction producer previews new 1D album: 'We're experimenting a little'
- Rachel Bilson, Autumn Reeser stage 'O.C.' reunion at 'Unauthorized O.C. Musical'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' ratings dip to still-huge numbers
- Kylie Jenner stars in Tyga's new music video for 'Stimulated'
- First Look: Lucy Lane on 'Supergirl'
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Reese Witherspoon, Aziz Ansari, Brooks & Julianne and More!