The virtual surf’s up at TIKKILAND, a cyberspace version of MTV’s summer beach house sporting a new Internet chat application that lets you talk instead of type. As in other avatar-based chat areas, you select and modify icons to mingle with other Netheads. The software, OnLive! Traveler, is available free at www.mtv.com, but you’ll need a souped-up Pentium PC running Windows 95. Still in a test version, it has a few glitches, including the occasional sound dropout, which turns this killer app into a mere screensaver. But when it works, it’s a blast, and you don’t even need sunscreen.
Posted August 2 1996 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Pitch' EP explains the heartbreaking reveal behind the premiere twist
- Bryan Cranston performs dramatic reading of 'Shout Out to My Ex'
- Stephen Colbert scolds Run the Jewels for suggestive new Halloween song
- Amy Schumer on 'Formation' video backlash: 'It was never a parody'
- 'Grey's Anatomy': What's next for Owen and Amelia?
- Shannen Doherty opens up about cancer in emotional 'Chelsea' interview
- Halloween ComicFest 2016: Here are all the free comics you can get