The gossip has gone batty. A week before Batman and Robin begins shooting, another rumor has taken wing. Director Joel Schumacher is battling talk that Liv Tyler is replacing Batgirl Alicia Silverstone. That’s about as true as Schumacher’s other favorite false Bat reports: ”Patrick Stewart is playing Mr. Freeze. [Arnold Schwarzenegger is.] And Demi Moore is playing Poison Ivy. No, Julia Roberts is Poison Ivy. No, Sharon Stone is. [Uma Thurman got the part.] Tim Burton is shooting Catwoman with the same cast and set. [He’s not.] And Jim Carrey is making a surprise appearance. [Sorry, no.]” With a buildup like that, we can’t wait to hear what happens when the cast, including George Clooney and Chris O’Donnell (no, really), reports to work Sept. 12.
Posted September 13 1996 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Mark Hamill to return as The Joker for 'The Killing Joke'
- Hugh Jackman shares final ‘Wolverine’ teaser image
- Casting Net: Morgan Freeman leads up action film 'Down to a Sunless Sea'
- 'The Bachelorette': And the 'winner' is...
- Richard Linklater in talks to direct Jennifer Lawrence in 'The Rosie Project'
- 'All the Bright Places' starring Elle Fanning finds its director
- HBO developing new Wild West drama series 'Untamed'
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Matthew & Keri, Katy Perry, Cate Blanchett & More!