This multimedia spinoff of The Simpsons asks would-be animators to laboriously assemble characters, sets, and sound effects from a busy, user-hostile menu. The results can be entertaining, but they’re hampered by a failing common to the make-your-own-movie genre: Since Cartoon Studio has a limited number of voice clips (”Ay, caramba!” ”Mmm…donuts,” and about 50 variations on ”Bart!”), your plot choices are restricted to the usual pranks, pratfalls, and catchphrases. Still, as Homer would say, The Simpsons Cartoon Studio is more ”Woohoo!” than ”D’oh!” B-
Posted January 17 2015 — 10:36 AM EST
- 'Person of Interest' season 4 finale react: A new world order
- 'Forever' exec producer on Henry's secret--safe or out?
- Casting Net: Ashton Kutcher, Josh Hartnett cast in James Franco's 'The Long Home'
- Tom Brokaw vs. cancer: 'Dateline' special
- 'New Girl' react: A modest proposal
- 'New Girl' boss on that season finale shocker--and what's next
- 'Law & Order: SVU' welcomes back familiar faces; get the scoop, watch a sneak peek
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Rob & Kate, Anna Kendrick, Vanessa & Selena and More!