This multimedia spinoff of The Simpsons asks would-be animators to laboriously assemble characters, sets, and sound effects from a busy, user-hostile menu. The results can be entertaining, but they’re hampered by a failing common to the make-your-own-movie genre: Since Cartoon Studio has a limited number of voice clips (”Ay, caramba!” ”Mmm…donuts,” and about 50 variations on ”Bart!”), your plot choices are restricted to the usual pranks, pratfalls, and catchphrases. Still, as Homer would say, The Simpsons Cartoon Studio is more ”Woohoo!” than ”D’oh!” B-
Posted September 13 1996 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Lewis Black yells at roommates so you don't have to
- 'Morgan' trailer: Kate Mara gets an ominous intro to artificial life
- Bonnaroo: The uncensored history of America's wildest festival
- Emilia Clarke sings 'MMMBop' in Dothraki
- The Bachelorette's JoJo Fletcher talks connection with Jordan Rodgers
- The Roots reenact an awkward scene from 'The Bachelorette'
- Shura releases new '80s-inspired track, 'What's It Gonna Be'