This multimedia spinoff of The Simpsons asks would-be animators to laboriously assemble characters, sets, and sound effects from a busy, user-hostile menu. The results can be entertaining, but they’re hampered by a failing common to the make-your-own-movie genre: Since Cartoon Studio has a limited number of voice clips (”Ay, caramba!” ”Mmm…donuts,” and about 50 variations on ”Bart!”), your plot choices are restricted to the usual pranks, pratfalls, and catchphrases. Still, as Homer would say, The Simpsons Cartoon Studio is more ”Woohoo!” than ”D’oh!” B-
Posted September 13 1996 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Stan Lee attends 'Ant-Man' premiere
- Casting Net: Radcliffe and Dano lead 'Swiss Army Man' cast
- AC/DC near streaming deals?
- Jack Carter, comedian-actor, dies at 93
- NeNe Leakes exiting 'Real Housewives'
- 'Star Trek' title confirmed: Justin Lin shares first photo from 'Beyond'
- 'Ghostbusters' uniform: Paul Feig tweets first look