This multimedia spinoff of The Simpsons asks would-be animators to laboriously assemble characters, sets, and sound effects from a busy, user-hostile menu. The results can be entertaining, but they’re hampered by a failing common to the make-your-own-movie genre: Since Cartoon Studio has a limited number of voice clips (”Ay, caramba!” ”Mmm…donuts,” and about 50 variations on ”Bart!”), your plot choices are restricted to the usual pranks, pratfalls, and catchphrases. Still, as Homer would say, The Simpsons Cartoon Studio is more ”Woohoo!” than ”D’oh!” B-
Posted September 13 1996 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Bask in '90s nostalgia with this a ca-mazing 'Boy Meets World' medley
- Michael B. Jordan: Why I’m Torching the color line in 'Fantastic Four'
- Jon Bon Jovi wrote a new song for Rutgers' class of 2015
- Nicki Minaj drops 'The Night Is Still Young' video on Tidal
- TLC yanks '19 Kids and Counting' reruns
- Kanye West's 'All Day' gets misheard lyrics video from Joe Mande
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- George Clooney, Meghan Trainor, Pharrell & Zoë and More!