This multimedia spinoff of The Simpsons asks would-be animators to laboriously assemble characters, sets, and sound effects from a busy, user-hostile menu. The results can be entertaining, but they’re hampered by a failing common to the make-your-own-movie genre: Since Cartoon Studio has a limited number of voice clips (”Ay, caramba!” ”Mmm…donuts,” and about 50 variations on ”Bart!”), your plot choices are restricted to the usual pranks, pratfalls, and catchphrases. Still, as Homer would say, The Simpsons Cartoon Studio is more ”Woohoo!” than ”D’oh!” B-
Posted September 13 1996 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Let's rank the 'Mission: Impossible' movies
- Guess which celebrities wrote these children's books
- J.K. Rowling thanks fans for birthday wishes and support
- Here’s how Neville Longbottom wished J.K. Rowling a Happy Birthday
- The time J.J. Abrams broke his back trying to help Harrison Ford
- Are you smarter than a Whoopi Goldberg impersonator?
- 50 things we love about J.K. Rowling for her 50th birthday
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Helen Mirren, Tom Cruise, The Baldwins & More!