If your jones for music news just can’t be satisfied by monthly, biweekly, or even, ahem, weekly magazine coverage, Addicted to Noise (www.addict.com) is for you. Taking full advantage of the immediacy of the Web, ATN’s editors piggyback daily music-news updates and in-depth audio interviews (with artists ranging from Patti Smith to Primus) onto the regular monthly edition. The webzine proper has a broad range of features, from columns by such graying rock-crit luminaries as Dave Marsh and Greil Marcus to coverage of the underground Tokyo rock scene to a humorous profile of Tom Petty. Most articles are accompanied by snappy graphics and music samples. Unfortunately, ATN sometimes delivers too much of a good thing: Unfettered by the limitations of the physical page, some writers display a sophomoric windiness that lends fresh meaning to the site’s name. A-
Posted October 25 1996 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Charlie Puth cancels remainder of tour due to sickness
- Universal Studios Japan is getting an entire 'Minions'-themed area
- President Obama dances to 'Hotline Bling' with Usher, Janelle Monáe
- Bradley Cooper visited Lady Gaga on the set of 'Saturday Night Live'
- Viola Davis to campaign in supporting actress category for 'Fences'
- DJ Khaled documented his son's birth on Snapchat
- 'Black Mirror' postmortem: Showrunner explains season 3