Hollywood hath no fury like George Clooney scorned. One-upping fellow paparazzi-phobes Alec Baldwin, Tommy Lee, and Madonna (who all chastised the tabs for trying to get pics of their offspring), the future Batman and Robin star last week declared that he’d no longer grin and bear the stalkerazzi. Enraged by intrusive video footage of him and his girlfriend, Celine Balidran, that ran on Hard Copy, Clooney fired off a letter to HC’s sister show Entertainment Tonight, announcing plans to boycott the program and encourage his friends to do the same. Clooney’s missive is especially revealing: It’s evidence of his burgeoning star power, and also proof of how TV entertainment ”journalism” can be manipulated. In the letter, Clooney recounts a deal with Paramount TV Group exec Frank Kelly to cooperate with ET stories if HC agreed not to chase him — an agreement Clooney claims HC violated. Paramount is refusing to comment. A Clooney spokeswoman who gave EW the letter says his Bat lash has touched a nerve: ”Because of Madonna’s baby and now George, actors are joining the ranks. George has a lot of friends he’s speaking with. It’s truly a history-making move.”
Posted November 8 1996 — 12:00 AM EST
- Hear Charlie Puth cover Drake's 'Hotline Bling' with Kehlani
- Check out the thrilling 'Arrow' season 4 trailer
- Mr. Bean's 25th anniversary marked outside Buckingham Palace
- Joan Rivers remembered by daughter Melissa in touching tribute
- 'Big Brother': James explains why he trashed the house during the veto competition
- Michelle Obama wished Beyoncé a happy birthday on Twitter
- Jason Biggs' son picked book perfect for his 'American Pie' past
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Johnny Depp, Gabrielle Union, Karlie Kloss & More!