The Naked Gun writing team and actor-turned-director Hart Bochner do unto the stereotype of inner-city high schools what needs to be done to stereotyped inner-city high schools — parody them silly — in the high-flying, low-comedy production High School High. Jon Lovitz (the master thespian himself) stars as the underachiever son of a private-school headmaster who takes a job at Marion Barry High School (tee-hee) for the love of teaching. Ha! The place is a battleground. The principal — redoubtable Louise Fletcher, born to play slapstick gorgons — stands guard with a baseball bat. The vending machine dispenses bottles of malt liquor already in paper bags. Can Lovitz, assisted by a game Tia Carrere, turn a class full of discarded teens into students and stop a local drug dealer in the process? Duh. At one point, Lovitz amuses himself by trying a home-shopping appliance with wriggling mechanical fingers, called a Scrotum Isolator. Well, you had to be there … B-
High School High The Naked Gun writing team and actor-turned-director Hart Bochner do unto the stereotype of inner-city high schools what needs to be done to...High School HighComedyPT86MPG-13 The Naked Gun writing team and actor-turned-director Hart Bochner do unto the stereotype of inner-city high schools what needs to be done to...1996-11-08Mekhi Phifer
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Tia Carrere, Louise Fletcher, Jon Lovitz, Mekhi Phifer; Director: Hart Bochner; Runtime (in minutes): 86; MPAA Rating: PG-13
Posted January 17 2015 — 3:45 PM EST
- George Clooney fights to protect his futuristic house in 'Tomorrowland' trailer
- Hear Lisa Loeb's new song '3,2,1, Let Go' from the movie 'Helicopter Mom'
- Watch LL Cool J really try to play Pictionary with Jimmy Fallon, Rose Byrne and Big Sean
- Stream Blur's album 'The Magic Whip' on iTunes First Play
- Next 'Transformers' expected in 2017
- 'Furious 7's James Wan to produce 'The Entity' remake
- Helen Mirren talks about her love of Vin Diesel on 'Late Night'
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet style: We grade the looks
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet arrivals: What they wore
- Blake Lively in 'Age of Adaline': Style when you're forever 29
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- Hayden Panettiere, Olivia Munn, Salma Hayek & More!