Dreaming of a white Christmas? Stop it! If you get snowed in, you’ll miss the flurry of Oscar-hopeful films out this season, with leading ladies leaping all over the place. Like actress-director Barbra Streisand, who lights herself immaculately in The Mirror Has Two Faces; Shirley MacLaine, who revisits spunky Aurora Greenway in the Terms of Endearment sequel, The Evening Star; and Madonna, who fa-la-las in the gargantuan musical Evita. Hoping for something wrapped in testosterone? Schwarzenegger rings bells in Jingle All the Way, Cruise plays cynical hunk Jerry Maguire, and Travolta is a beer-guzzling angel in Michael. While we’re here to help you navigate the holiday movie crunch, Santa’s helpers in Hollywood want you to remember one thing: Every time you buy a ticket, an agent gets his wings.
Posted November 22 1996 — 12:00 AM EST
- Chris Rock announces first stand-up tour in 9 years
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' trailer: Humans and Transformers face off
- George R.R. Martin on 'Winds of Winter': 'Things are getting worse'
- 'Green Hornet' star Van Williams dies at 82
- 'Baywatch' is hitting the beach on Memorial Day weekend
- Beyoncé was already a star at age 10, unearthed footage proves
- See Madonna twerk to 'Bitch I'm Madonna' on Carpool Karaoke
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday