Writer-director Larry Bishop has filled the jaw-droppingly incoherent crime-film parody Mad Dog Time with familiar faces, including Jeff Goldblum as a suave gangster, Richard Dreyfuss as a kingpin who’s supposed to have multiple personalities but barely projects one, and Burt Reynolds, with what seems like way too many upper teeth. Plus Ellen Barkin, Gabriel Byrne, and, in blink-fast cameos, Richard Pryor and the auteur’s father, Joey Bishop. The script is so lame, its idea of a joke is to have a character refer to angina as vagina. It’s so lame, we’re expected to laugh when Barkin gets exasperated that three characters’ names — Vic, Mick, and Nick — rhyme. The cast yammer nonsensically and shoot holes in each other’s skulls. In these standoff shoot-‘em-ups, the film becomes Reservoir Dogs with rabies. D-
Genre: Comedy, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Ellen Barkin, Joey Bishop, Gabriel Byrne, Richard Dreyfuss, Larry Bishop, Richard Pryor, Burt Reynolds, Jeff Goldblum, Billy Idol, Richard Pryor; Director: Larry Bishop; Runtime (in minutes): 93; MPAA Rating: R
Posted November 22 1996 — 12:00 AM EST
- Justin Bieber and Questlove have intense drum battle on 'Tonight Show'
- All the ways this has been the summer of Dave Grohl
- Justin Bieber wants Tyler Perry to play him in a TV show about his life
- Justin Bieber sings 'Where Are U Now' as a country ballad
- Janet Jackson reveals release date and track list for 'Unbreakable'
- Justin Bieber explains why he cried after VMAs performance
- 'Survivor' player Stephen Fishbach says 'it haunts me every day, the fact I didn't win'
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Alessandra Ambrósio, The Kardashians, Malin Akerman & More!