Okay, Microsoft, we believe you — Windows 95 is as powerful a gaming platform as the PlayStation or Saturn. The four-disc underwater shoot-‘em-up Deadly Tide has bigger explosions, snazzier full-motion video sequences, louder sound effects, and more plain old oomph than any comparable titles from Sony or Sega. But now that you’ve proved your system’s credentials, why don’t you give us a game that’s more than just an elaborate promo for Windows 95 sound and graphics capabilities? And by the way, it would be nice if we could actually, say, steer the game’s futuristic vessel, rather than zip along on autopilot. B
Posted November 22 1996 — 12:00 AM EST
- NBC pulls plug on 'Coach' revival
- 'AHS: Hotel': Ryan Murphy shares three super creepy teasers
- Casting Net: Missi Pyle, Joey Lawrence hit horse rescue drama 'Emma's Chance'
- Rick Ross announces new album will be released this week
- Kesha to guest-star on 'Jane the Virgin'
- 'Dancing With the Stars': Peta Murgatroyd to skip season due to injury
- Jack Black wants to tell you a story in the new 'Goosebumps' trailer
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Reese Witherspoon, Aziz Ansari, Brooks & Julianne and More!