Okay, Microsoft, we believe you — Windows 95 is as powerful a gaming platform as the PlayStation or Saturn. The four-disc underwater shoot-‘em-up Deadly Tide has bigger explosions, snazzier full-motion video sequences, louder sound effects, and more plain old oomph than any comparable titles from Sony or Sega. But now that you’ve proved your system’s credentials, why don’t you give us a game that’s more than just an elaborate promo for Windows 95 sound and graphics capabilities? And by the way, it would be nice if we could actually, say, steer the game’s futuristic vessel, rather than zip along on autopilot. B
Posted November 22 1996 — 12:00 AM EST
- Comic-Con: See photos from the Harley Quinn costume contest
- 16 can't-miss Comic-Con Boomerangs from EW's Instagram account
- '24: Legacy' exists in same Jack Bauer universe
- 'Sherlock' Comic-Con panel reveals three key names to tease season 4
- Miles Teller joins Keith Urban onstage for 'My Girl'
- Comic-Con 2016: 'Supernatural' reveals Sam's fate
- Leslie Jones calls for peace after racist Twitter posts: 'Hug someone'