Okay, Microsoft, we believe you — Windows 95 is as powerful a gaming platform as the PlayStation or Saturn. The four-disc underwater shoot-‘em-up Deadly Tide has bigger explosions, snazzier full-motion video sequences, louder sound effects, and more plain old oomph than any comparable titles from Sony or Sega. But now that you’ve proved your system’s credentials, why don’t you give us a game that’s more than just an elaborate promo for Windows 95 sound and graphics capabilities? And by the way, it would be nice if we could actually, say, steer the game’s futuristic vessel, rather than zip along on autopilot. B
Posted January 17 2015 — 3:45 PM EST
- 'Walking Dead' season finale: Our quick take on 'Conquer'--and yours?
- Justin Timberlake thanks mom, wife, and everyone who called him 'different' accepting iHeart Radio's Innovator Award
- 'Fear the Walking Dead': First promo's here
- 'Once Upon a Time' tells Maleficent's child's story
- iHeart Radio Music Awards winners are...
- 'Mad Max: Fury Road' posts quartet of short teasers
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Justin Theroux, Josh Gad, Kristen Stewart & More!