”To be ignorant is to be controlled” is the war cry of the rigorously alternative news digest DisInformation (www.disinfo.com), compiled by editor Richard Metzger. Seeing global corporate conspiracies under every bed, DisInformation applies a stridently paranoid tone to a nonetheless unbeatable collection of journalistic and personal Web links covering subjects as diverse as the cyberporn debate, RU-486, and PepsiCo’s activities in Burma, and as perverse as the Illuminati, crop circles, and Aleister Crowley. The typically eccentric Newspeak section contains links to the Bangkok Post, the Middle East News Wire Service — and CNN, Time, and People. Presumably it pays to know the enemy. B
Posted November 22 1996 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'The Last of Us Part II' reveal trailer shows matured Ellie and Joel
- Madonna jokes with Sean Penn about remarrying to raise money for charity
- 'Last Tango in Paris' director admits butter rape scene wasn't consensual
- 'Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite' will pit Iron Man against Megaman X in 2017
- 6 show-stopping highlights from 'VH1 Divas: Unsilent Night'
- Twitter's #MakeABandLazy helps musicians settle in for a nap
- Elton John confirms there is 'no truth' to retirement rumors
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big