Only the third game available for Nintendo 64, Wave Race 64 makes a watertight argument for quality over quantity. Jet skis, driven by Mighty Morphin-type characters, are the vehicles of choice in this silky smooth slalom race; the first thing you’ll notice are the waves, which have never looked as realistic in any 32-bit or PC title. The game’s easy learning curve, complete with a practice level, inspires instant addiction. Hotdogging isn’t essential to winning, but you won’t rest until you’ve mastered handstands and flips on your watercraft. A
Posted November 29 1996 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Moana' to be first Disney film translated into Tahitian language
- Fall TV's best and worst ratings performers so far
- Rob Gronkowski goes undercover for Lyft to talk astrophysics, Tom Brady
- 'Good Girls Revolt' looks at sexism in the '60s publishing world
- Justin Timberlake's illegal voting booth selfie is 'under review'
- 'This Is Us' preview: Creator Dan Fogelman on 'The Game Plan'
- Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid perform Justin Bieber's 'Baby'
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers
- This Is What the 2001 CMAs Looked Like
- 'Smallville': Where Are They Now?
- Flashback to Taylor Swift's First Album Drop