Only the third game available for Nintendo 64, Wave Race 64 makes a watertight argument for quality over quantity. Jet skis, driven by Mighty Morphin-type characters, are the vehicles of choice in this silky smooth slalom race; the first thing you’ll notice are the waves, which have never looked as realistic in any 32-bit or PC title. The game’s easy learning curve, complete with a practice level, inspires instant addiction. Hotdogging isn’t essential to winning, but you won’t rest until you’ve mastered handstands and flips on your watercraft. A
Posted November 29 1996 — 12:00 AM EST
- Strong first reactions to 'Rogue One' hit after premiere
- Bob Dylan thanks Nobel Prize committee for honoring his songs as literature
- Chris Pratt says his son thinks acting is 'stupid'
- 'Assassin's Creed': Final trailer has plenty of new footage
- Louis Tomlinson debuts new song on ‘X Factor’ days after mom’s death
- 'Insidious: Chapter 4' first look sees Lin Shaye facing her demons
- 'Sherlock' intense season 4 trailer: 'I love you'