Only the third game available for Nintendo 64, Wave Race 64 makes a watertight argument for quality over quantity. Jet skis, driven by Mighty Morphin-type characters, are the vehicles of choice in this silky smooth slalom race; the first thing you’ll notice are the waves, which have never looked as realistic in any 32-bit or PC title. The game’s easy learning curve, complete with a practice level, inspires instant addiction. Hotdogging isn’t essential to winning, but you won’t rest until you’ve mastered handstands and flips on your watercraft. A
Posted November 29 1996 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Does Lincoln have a death wish?
- 'The Craft' remake is actually a sequel, producer says
- Blake Shelton, Gwen Stefani will perform new duet on 'The Voice'
- Kendrick Lamar performs with Prince at Paisley Park in unearthed video
- Channing Tatum reveals dream costars in interview with nonverbal fan
- Arnold Schwarzenegger to star in Taran Killam-directed action comedy
- P!nk compares herself to Mad Hatter in 'Alice Through the Looking Glass'
- Met Gala 2016: The Best and Most Outrageous Looks
- Flashback to the 1996 Premiere of 'The Craft'
- 14 TV Cliffhangers and How They Were Resolved
- Met Gala 2016: See All the Arrivals From Manus x Machina
- 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt': Before They Were Stars
- 'Wayward Pines' Season 2: Exclusive Photos of the New Main Cast