Only the third game available for Nintendo 64, Wave Race 64 makes a watertight argument for quality over quantity. Jet skis, driven by Mighty Morphin-type characters, are the vehicles of choice in this silky smooth slalom race; the first thing you’ll notice are the waves, which have never looked as realistic in any 32-bit or PC title. The game’s easy learning curve, complete with a practice level, inspires instant addiction. Hotdogging isn’t essential to winning, but you won’t rest until you’ve mastered handstands and flips on your watercraft. A
Posted November 29 1996 — 12:00 AM EST
- Arthur Conan Doyle's estate is suing Miramax over 'Mr. Holmes'
- A$AP Rocky and Schoolboy Q shock with 'Electric Body'
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen aren't returning for Netflix's 'Fuller House'
- Two more (unofficial) Drake songs leak, including Tinashe collaboration
- Bask in '90s nostalgia with this a ca-mazing 'Boy Meets World' medley
- Eminem to executive produce 'Southpaw' soundtrack: Hear a sneak peek of his new song
- Michael B. Jordan: Why I'm Torching the color line in 'Fantastic Four'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- Marion Cotillard, Jason Derulo, Serena Williams and More!