Only the third game available for Nintendo 64, Wave Race 64 makes a watertight argument for quality over quantity. Jet skis, driven by Mighty Morphin-type characters, are the vehicles of choice in this silky smooth slalom race; the first thing you’ll notice are the waves, which have never looked as realistic in any 32-bit or PC title. The game’s easy learning curve, complete with a practice level, inspires instant addiction. Hotdogging isn’t essential to winning, but you won’t rest until you’ve mastered handstands and flips on your watercraft. A
Posted November 29 1996 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'X-Files' writer on Monday night's huge spoiler
- Lupita Nyong'o in talks to star in sci-fi thriller 'Intelligent Life'
- 'Orange Is the New Black' star Taryn Manning is suing New York City over 2014 arrest
- 'Taxi Driver' turns 40: Five ways the movie affected pop culture
- Billy Eichner's trailer was hit by a truck while he was inside
- ZZ Top's Billy Gibbons to star in Discovery pilot 'Rockin' Roadsters'
- 'The Flash' star Danielle Panabaker teases Killer Frost's icy Earth-2 debut