Equal parts Umberto Eco novel, Masonic initiation, and Psychic Friends Network, this three-disc mishmash of astrology, reincarnation, ancient astronauts, and gnostic philosophy tries to be so many things at once that it sometimes amounts to nothing at all (the slow-loading point-and-click action often produces seconds-long blank screens). Drowned God: Conspiracy of the Ages is the logical apotheosis of the endless quest to build a bigger and better Myst. The result is a game so obscure, you’d be better off perusing something more comprehensible — like the collected works of Zoroaster. C+
Posted December 13 1996 — 12:00 AM EST
- Ellen Page says her 'Freeheld' role inspired her to come out
- 'Brides of Dracula' series from 'Arrow' producer gets NBC pilot commitment
- 'SYTYCD' mentor blog: Travis Wall on why the judges 'floored' him this week
- Christina Applegate is a terrible Meryl Streep in Funny or Die's Lifetime spoof
- Wrestling legend Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka charged in 1983 murder
- Meet Denise, Kermit the Frog's new love interest
- And the Oscar producing gig goes to...
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Victoria Justice, Andrew & Laura, Rihanna and More!