BARRY MANILOW Summer of ‘78 (Arista) Just in time for ’70s-retro fever, Manilow takes a smarmy romp through a parade of other artists’ pop hits from that vintage. He serves up slick, milquetoasted remakes of songs like Paul Davis’ ”I Go Crazy” and Bob Seger’s ”We’ve Got Tonite,” all with bland, canned earnestness. As a Me-decade MOR king himself, maybe Manilow lacks the critical distance that makes for engaging revisionism. C
Summer of '78 BARRY MANILOW Summer of '78 (Arista) Just in time for '70s-retro fever, Manilow takes a smarmy romp through a parade of other artists' pop hits from that...Summer of '78 BARRY MANILOW Summer of '78 (Arista) Just in time for '70s-retro fever, Manilow takes a smarmy romp through a parade of other artists' pop hits from that...1997-01-17
Lead Performer: Barry Manilow
Posted January 17 2015 — 3:29 AM EST
- 'The Legend of Zelda' for Wii U delayed
- Kit Harington fights terrorism in 'Spooks: The Greater Good' trailer
- Billie Joe Armstrong musical 'These Paper Bullets!' coming to LA, NYC
- 'It Follows': The story behind the score
- Nick Jonas talks hosting the 2015 Kids' Choice Awards, his new image and that Kanye West cover
- Ben Stiller's little-known punk rocker past comes to light
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- Katy Perry, Kenny & Taylor, Josh Peck and More!