Bouncing to the same verisimilitude that made 1979’s The Fish That Saved Pittsburgh an underrated ringer, Edwina Franklin (Goldberg) is Eddie, a trash-talking, jersey-wearing Knicks fan who ditches her row in ”peanut heaven” to become coach of her dream team. Despite shooting a few cliched bricks (a greedy team owner, a buzzer-beater finale), Eddie hits its mark thanks to Goldberg’s run-‘n’-gun comic finesse, appearances by 49 NBA stars, including glowworm Dennis Rodman, and authentic postgame scenarios: Goldberg is nonplussed when she accidentally sees her players in the shower — while they get into a lather, she has a good laugh.
Posted January 24 1997 — 12:00 AM EST
- Johnny Simmons plays through a messy affair in 'Dreamland' trailer
- J.K. Rowling reveals Seahawks support
- 'Gilmore Girls' stars guess their characters' presidential picks
- 'Bones' final season details, premiere date revealed
- 'Final Fantasy XV' beautifully teases an 'Omen' of chaos Noctis
- Mariah Carey and fiance James Packer have split
- Gerard Butler set for threequel 'Angel Has Fallen'