Going up? Aerosmith’s first new album in four years rode the sales elevator right to the top, as anticipated. But Nine Lives’ tally for the week — just under 140,000 copies sold — came in well below the 300,000-plus first-week figures for recent releases from U2 and Live. Will a soon-to-be-announced year-and-a-half tour help Sony make good on its megamillion-dollar investment in the veteran rockers? Stay tuned. If Space Jam were a band, everybody’d be wanting to buy in: The soundtrack made another huge leap — to No. 2, a high to date — based on mammoth video sales and two tunes in the top 10.
Posted April 4 1997 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' teaser trailer broke a Marvel record
- Will Smith: 'Bad Boys 3' is 'very close'
- Pixar’s 'Coco' reveals cast and plot details
- Jimmy Kimmel dings Trump while discussing Oscars gig
- Stephen Colbert mocks Donald Trump for Taiwan call
- Milo Ventimiglia does push-ups with Ellen DeGeneres on his back
- The Roots and Co. bring the 'Hamilton Mixtape' to 'Fallon'
- Books Gift Guide 2016: 31 Books For Your Wish List
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'