Just consider this kitschy 3-D homage to muscle cars, bell-bottoms, and Jackson 5 Afros as The Dukes of Hazzard imagined by Quentin Tarantino. As Groove Champion, you’re a shaggy adventurer in the rural 1976 Southwest. There’s trouble in funkytown, though: Your sister, Jade, has been murdered, and the trail leads to a shady crime boss who plans to destroy the oil reserve and who’s corralled a drove of deathmobile-driving enforcers to do his bidding. You and your kung-fu-fighting buddy, Taurus, steering two cruisers rigged with machine guns and oil-slick ejectors, must outgun the mercenaries in car-to-car combat. Interstate ‘76 isn’t just a dull patch of highway, as evidenced by its stylish intro sequence — a groovy, twangy salute to ’70s action thrillers that’s sure to jump-start the old Pinto. A-
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- January Jones didn't find 'Mad Men' scene 'creepy'
- Verizon FiOS to offer personalized TV packages
- Meklit serves up brassy office blues in 'Kemekem' video -- exclusive
- Metallica's Kirk Hammett lost his phone -- and 250 song ideas
- TV Land's 'Younger' renewed for second season
- Watch the original 'The Making of Star Wars' documentary
- Adam Lambert premieres 'Ghost Town' lyric video
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet style: We grade the looks
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet arrivals: What they wore
- Blake Lively in 'Age of Adaline': Style when you're forever 29
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- Hayden Panettiere, Olivia Munn, Salma Hayek & More!