It’s not the Oscars, but Nickelodeon’s 10th Annual Kids’ Choice Awards, held April 19 in L.A., was anything but child’s play. Chatmistress Rosie O’Donnell not only hosted the ceremony but also snagged Favorite Movie Actress (for Harriet the Spy, a Nickelodeon movie). O’Donnell was in awe of the actual awards, modeled after Nickelodeon’s trademark orange blimp. ”First of all, they match my living room. And second…if you look inside, there’s a kaleidoscope.” Unlike other awards shows, the hot accessory wasn’t a Kate Spade bag but a little kid: Coolio brought his brood; Ashley Judd hung with nephew Elijah, 2, while his mom, Wynonna, got some peace and quiet in the green room, and Jeff Goldblum chatted up celebri-tyke Jonathan Lipnicki (Jerry Maguire). Jim Carrey, on the other hand, was fully in touch with his inner child. He summed up his elation at beating out fellow nominees Tom Cruise, Robin Williams, and Will Smith in the Favorite Actor category by roaring ”Heeyyyy, losers!”
Posted May 2 1997 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' teaser trailer broke a Marvel record
- Will Smith: 'Bad Boys 3' is 'very close'
- Pixar’s 'Coco' reveals cast and plot details
- Jimmy Kimmel dings Trump while discussing Oscars gig
- Stephen Colbert mocks Donald Trump for Taiwan call
- Milo Ventimiglia does push-ups with Ellen DeGeneres on his back
- The Roots and Co. bring the 'Hamilton Mixtape' to 'Fallon'
- Books Gift Guide 2016: 31 Books For Your Wish List
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'