NAMING NAMES If you’re trying to entice Drew Barrymore to star in your picture, try calling her character Casey. Consider: In the just-rereleased splatter flick Scream, the actress plays high schooler Casey, who’s stalked by a serial killer. Before that, she played manic-depressive Casey in Mad Love; in Irreconcilable Differences she was a precocious 9-year-old named you know what. Coincidence? Barrymore, who could not be reached for comment, will soon take another name beginning with the letter C. She’ll play Cinderella in the Twentieth Century Fox adaptation of the fairy tale, scheduled to shoot in Europe this summer.
Posted May 9 1997 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Alec Baldwin calls out brother Stephen during 'SNL' debate cold open
- Benedict Cumberbatch to host final 'SNL' before election
- Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg set to perform in an opera
- 'Ghostbusters' director gets 'choked up' by supportive fans
- Miley Cyrus storms Virginia college to campaign for Hillary Clinton
- Lauryn Hill gives powerful performance of 'Rebel' on 'Charlie Rose'
- 'Jessica Jones' season 2: Showrunner promises all-female directors