Just when you thought it was safe to be a brunet again…blonds dominated last week’s L.A. party scene. At a House of Blues bash for Addicted to Love, fair-haired stars Meg Ryan and Kelly Preston were the main attractions, especially since costar Matthew Broderick was off filming Godzilla, and their husbands, Dennis Quaid and John Travolta respectively, let their wives take the limelight. Preston admitted she was nervous about Addicted’s vengeful story: ”I’ve got to be honest, I saw such a rough cut. But [the movie] is so much better.” Any wonder why director Griffin Dunne gave double-cheek kisses and exclaimed, ”I feel like Cuba Gooding Jr. tonight!” …At Sky Bar, Robin Williams and Billy Crystal probably got a clue that Fathers’ Day would open poorly when the party topic became Cindy Crawford’s new Rachel ‘do. When does a haircut become a big deal? ”When you have a cosmetics contract,” said Crawford. So much for blonds having more fun.
Posted May 23 1997 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Guilt' canceled by Freeform after one season
- 'Grey's Anatomy': Will DeLuca and Maggie ever reunite?
- Watch Lady Gaga dedicate emotional Dive Bar Tour set to her father
- Trump booed at charity dinner while cracking Clinton jokes
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' reveals Michaela's mom
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' boss, Liza Weil on that shocking hookup
- Carol Burnett to star in Amy Poehler-produced ABC comedy pilot