CALL THEM Just when you thought cell phones couldn’t get any smaller, they up and disappear. The latest high-tech accessories worn in movies these days are headsets, the ear gizmos that let you take a call and keep your receiver on the hook. Not only do they leave your hands free to really reach out and touch someone, ”they give a great-looking slant to something ergonomically correct,” says New York chiropractor Dr. Donna Placido. Tom Cruise wore them in Jerry Maguire; now look for the headsets in Grosse Pointe Blank, Volcano, Men in Black, and Contact.
Posted May 23 1997 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Arthur Conan Doyle's estate is suing Miramax over 'Mr. Holmes'
- A$AP Rocky and Schoolboy Q shock with 'Electric Body'
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen aren't returning for Netflix's 'Fuller House'
- Two more (unofficial) Drake songs leak, including Tinashe collaboration
- Bask in '90s nostalgia with this a ca-mazing 'Boy Meets World' medley
- Eminem to executive produce 'Southpaw' soundtrack: Hear a sneak peek of his new song
- Michael B. Jordan: Why I'm Torching the color line in 'Fantastic Four'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- George Clooney, Meghan Trainor, Pharrell & Zoë and More!