CALL THEM Just when you thought cell phones couldn’t get any smaller, they up and disappear. The latest high-tech accessories worn in movies these days are headsets, the ear gizmos that let you take a call and keep your receiver on the hook. Not only do they leave your hands free to really reach out and touch someone, ”they give a great-looking slant to something ergonomically correct,” says New York chiropractor Dr. Donna Placido. Tom Cruise wore them in Jerry Maguire; now look for the headsets in Grosse Pointe Blank, Volcano, Men in Black, and Contact.
Posted May 23 1997 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Setsuko Hara, Japanese screen legend, dies at 95
- Bryan Cranston moved to tears while discussing pivotal 'Breaking Bad' scene
- See photos from 'Arrow'-'The Flash' crossover with 'Legends of Tomorrow'
- Jon Favreau's 'Chef' is going Bollywood
- Eagles of Death Metal discuss Paris attacks in moving interview
- When to wear the new line of 'Empire' clothes
- See polar animals take to New York in new 'Norm of the North' trailer
- Taraji P. Henson's Biggest Moments in 2015
- Holiday Gift Guide: For the TV Fanatic
- 19 TV Families That Will Make You Thankful for Yours
- Literature's 8 Most Dysfunctional Thanksgiving Dinners
- 'Captain America: Civil War': Decoding the New Trailer
- EW's Entertainers of the Year pick their Entertainers of the Year