CALL THEM Just when you thought cell phones couldn’t get any smaller, they up and disappear. The latest high-tech accessories worn in movies these days are headsets, the ear gizmos that let you take a call and keep your receiver on the hook. Not only do they leave your hands free to really reach out and touch someone, ”they give a great-looking slant to something ergonomically correct,” says New York chiropractor Dr. Donna Placido. Tom Cruise wore them in Jerry Maguire; now look for the headsets in Grosse Pointe Blank, Volcano, Men in Black, and Contact.
Posted May 23 1997 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Vikings' shocker: Creator Michael Hirst talks the death of [spoiler]
- 'Vikings' kills again: A talk with the departing actor
- Casting Net: Viola Davis, Catalina Sandino Moreno star in 'Custody'
- Obama talks 'The Wire' with David Simon
- Warner Bros wins bid for rights to viral 'Sundays' short
- Oscar producers Meron, Zadan moving on
- Craig T. Nelson back as Hayden Fox in NBC 'Coach' revival
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- T.I. & Kevin, Jon Hamm, Olivia & Jason and More!