EX MAN See if this sounds familiar: A guy grows up in the Midwest, marries a television actress, moves to Hollywood, gets a messy divorce, and then marries a much younger woman. That is pretty much the premise for Tom Arnold’s new series, The Tom Show, due on The WB this fall. ”It is a little autobiographical in that I slowly develop a relationship with a younger woman,” says Arnold, 38, whose real-life wife, Julie, is 23. ”At some point the show will deal with that difference in age.” But Arnold is adamant that the ex in the show is not Roseanne. Unfortunately, the well-known domestic goddess doesn’t agree. According to Arnold, Roseanne is attempting to sue over the sitcom’s premise. A spokesman for Roseanne will neither confirm nor deny the suit and has no comment on the series. In the interim, Arnold offers further proof that The Tom Show is pure fiction. ”We’re talking with Sean Young about playing the ex-wife,” he notes, ”and she looks nothing like Roseanne.”
Posted May 23 1997 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Disney's live-action 'Nutcracker' casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- WATCH: Anthony Anderson sings in 'Doc McStuffins' season premiere
- Donald Trump sent cease and desist letter from The O'Jays
- 'Stranger Things' bosses tease 'darker' season 2
- 'Wolf Creek' TV show to spook viewers in October
- Netflix chief: There are too many 'mediocre' shows
- Questlove condemns Bill O'Reilly for slavery comments
- 'Planet of the Apes': See the Famous Faces Behind the Makeup
- Toronto Film Festival 2016: See First Look Images From This Year's Lineup
- 'One Tree Hill': Where Are They Now?
- 'Little Miss Sunshine': Where Are They Now?
- 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child': 22 Magical Photos
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 4 Panels