EX MAN See if this sounds familiar: A guy grows up in the Midwest, marries a television actress, moves to Hollywood, gets a messy divorce, and then marries a much younger woman. That is pretty much the premise for Tom Arnold’s new series, The Tom Show, due on The WB this fall. ”It is a little autobiographical in that I slowly develop a relationship with a younger woman,” says Arnold, 38, whose real-life wife, Julie, is 23. ”At some point the show will deal with that difference in age.” But Arnold is adamant that the ex in the show is not Roseanne. Unfortunately, the well-known domestic goddess doesn’t agree. According to Arnold, Roseanne is attempting to sue over the sitcom’s premise. A spokesman for Roseanne will neither confirm nor deny the suit and has no comment on the series. In the interim, Arnold offers further proof that The Tom Show is pure fiction. ”We’re talking with Sean Young about playing the ex-wife,” he notes, ”and she looks nothing like Roseanne.”
Posted January 17 2015 — 10:36 AM EST
- 'Dancing with the Stars' celeb blog: Robert Herjavec on the trio dance, fans, and double elimination
- HBO orders David Fincher's 1980s music video comedy
- What 'Mad Men' owes to 'Scooby-Doo'
- Arnold Schwarzenegger acts out his film career highlights in 6 minutes with James Corden
- Ellen Albertini Dow, 'Wedding Singer’ rapping grandmother, dies at 101
- 'Django Unchained' actress pleads no contest to disturbing the peace
- Jimmy Fallon, Jack Black go to Extreme: Watch their 'More Than Words' tribute
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Gisele Bündchen, Patrick Dempsey, Rosamund Pike & More!