Russ Meyers’ specialty is the best-crafted softcore porn ever. His movies (he directs, photographs, and edits them — a genuine amateur) look expensive but aren’t; and if his preoccupation with big breasts seems infantile, at least he doesn’t take himself too seriously. Accompanying the three movies on this crisp laser, Russ Meyer: The Vixen Collection: Vixen, Supervixen, Beneath the Valley of the Ultravixens, is a running commentary from Meyer. At 75, he’s a charming dirty old man; he may repeat the tale about losing his virginity at a French brothel in the company of Ernest Hemingway, but it’s a good one. B+
Posted June 6 1997 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Ghostbusters' new car: Paul Feig reveals #whattheygonnadrive
- Gay marriage ruling movie in the works at Fox
- Casting Net: Ellen Page signs on for Iraq War drama Lioness
- Hillary Clinton talks 'SNL' impressions
- Miss USA pageant names new hosts
- Rosie Perez leaving 'The View'
- Jeff Goldblum and wife welcome first son on the only possible day
- 'American Idol Live!' tour photos: Let's go backstage!
- They look like THAT now? See some of the latest child stars all grown up
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- Khloé Kardashian, Paul Rudd, Taylor Swift & More!