Russ Meyers’ specialty is the best-crafted softcore porn ever. His movies (he directs, photographs, and edits them — a genuine amateur) look expensive but aren’t; and if his preoccupation with big breasts seems infantile, at least he doesn’t take himself too seriously. Accompanying the three movies on this crisp laser, Russ Meyer: The Vixen Collection: Vixen, Supervixen, Beneath the Valley of the Ultravixens, is a running commentary from Meyer. At 75, he’s a charming dirty old man; he may repeat the tale about losing his virginity at a French brothel in the company of Ernest Hemingway, but it’s a good one. B+
Posted June 6 1997 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Melissa Benoist joins Boston bombing movie 'Patriots Day'
- The Goo Goo Dolls talk not wanting to "make the same record again'
- Anne Hathaway turning drone-war play 'Grounded' into movie
- James Franco, Russell Crowe 'Blood Meridian' adaptation scrapped
- 'Once Upon a Time' bosses drop season 5 finale teasers
- Taylor Swift tops list of highest-paid musicians in 2015
- Colton Haynes gets honest about life after 'Arrow'