Russ Meyers’ specialty is the best-crafted softcore porn ever. His movies (he directs, photographs, and edits them — a genuine amateur) look expensive but aren’t; and if his preoccupation with big breasts seems infantile, at least he doesn’t take himself too seriously. Accompanying the three movies on this crisp laser, Russ Meyer: The Vixen Collection: Vixen, Supervixen, Beneath the Valley of the Ultravixens, is a running commentary from Meyer. At 75, he’s a charming dirty old man; he may repeat the tale about losing his virginity at a French brothel in the company of Ernest Hemingway, but it’s a good one. B+
Posted June 6 1997 — 12:00 AM EDT
- New 'Star Wars' toys revealed in 'Rogue One' stop-motion video
- 'Waco' miniseries starring Taylor Kitsch, Michael Shannon in the works
- Lauren Conrad has a girl crush on 'Game of Thrones' star Emilia Clarke
- Kerry Washington developing female police drama at ABC
- Garth Brooks to singing Ashton Kutcher: 'Don’t quit your day job'
- 'Dead of Summer': Who survived the deadly summer?
- Nick Viall named the next Bachelor