Russ Meyers’ specialty is the best-crafted softcore porn ever. His movies (he directs, photographs, and edits them — a genuine amateur) look expensive but aren’t; and if his preoccupation with big breasts seems infantile, at least he doesn’t take himself too seriously. Accompanying the three movies on this crisp laser, Russ Meyer: The Vixen Collection: Vixen, Supervixen, Beneath the Valley of the Ultravixens, is a running commentary from Meyer. At 75, he’s a charming dirty old man; he may repeat the tale about losing his virginity at a French brothel in the company of Ernest Hemingway, but it’s a good one. B+
Posted June 6 1997 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Barack Obama crashes Stephen Colbert's post-Super Bowl 'Late Show'
- Twitter finds unofficial Super Bowl mascot in diarrhea medication ad
- Schick channels 'Transformers' for Super Bowl 50 ad
- Taraji P. Henson confuses Coldplay with Maroon 5: 'Oooooooopppps. Lmao!'
- These are the best Super Bowl 50 halftime show GIFs
- Psylocke swoops in during 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Super Bowl teaser
- See all the movie trailers that aired during Super Bowl 50