Russ Meyers’ specialty is the best-crafted softcore porn ever. His movies (he directs, photographs, and edits them — a genuine amateur) look expensive but aren’t; and if his preoccupation with big breasts seems infantile, at least he doesn’t take himself too seriously. Accompanying the three movies on this crisp laser, Russ Meyer: The Vixen Collection: Vixen, Supervixen, Beneath the Valley of the Ultravixens, is a running commentary from Meyer. At 75, he’s a charming dirty old man; he may repeat the tale about losing his virginity at a French brothel in the company of Ernest Hemingway, but it’s a good one. B+
Posted June 6 1997 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Wes Craven's 5 most twistedly influential films
- A$AP Rocky brings 'L$D' to the VMAs
- Celebrity reactions to Kanye West's MTV VMAs speech
- Miley Cyrus announces new album during VMAs performance
- 'Bad Blood' wins Video of the Year at the MTV VMAs
- The most GIF-able moments from this year's MTV VMAs
- 'I Am Cait' recap: 'The Dating Game'
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Khloé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!