On Seinfeld Raquel Welch played herself as a difficult Broadway diva. Now — after highly publicized real-life rows with the director — she’s wearing Julie Andrews’ shoes in Victor/Victoria, the musical version of Blake Edwards’ 1982 movie about a woman impersonating a drag queen. Now in previews, Welch opens officially on June 26…. Featuring 14 dancers, Forever Tango stops on Broadway June 16-Aug. 9 to celebrate the music and dance of Argentina…. A few blocks away from Broadway, the Public Theater’s Shakespeare Festival presents Henry VIII, running now through July 9 in Central Park; then the Public presents the Comden and Green musical On the Town July 31-Aug. 31 (both productions are free; try for tickets the day of the performance at the Public, 425 Lafayette Street, or at the Delacorte Theater box office in Central Park). Note to tourists: Don’t dally in the park after dark, and the feeding of Raquel Welch during Victor/Victoria is strictly forbidden.
Posted June 20 1997 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Fifth Harmony's 'Work from Home' is YouTube's top music video of 2016
- 'Yours Mine or Ours' host spills on great wines to give and get this holiday
- 2016 Critics' Choice Awards: Who should win best actress?
- Johnny Depp leads Forbes list of most overpaid actors (again)
- 'La La Land' exclusive: Hear a pair of gorgeous tracks from the movie
- How they shot the first-person X-wing battle in 'Rogue One'
- 'Ink Master' crowns first ever female winner after 8 seasons
- This Is What the 2001 'Ocean's Eleven' Premiere Looked Like
- 17 Star-Studded Celebrity Cookbooks
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2016: See Photos From the Catwalk
- Books Gift Guide 2016: 31 Books For Your Wish List
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot