They are responsible for the moves you groove to on the dance floor, for the jokes you recite around the watercooler, for the melodies you hum in your head, for the images that infuse your dreams. The people on ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY’s first annual It List — ranging from famous Hollywood faces to quieter stars who twiddle knobs and splice film in the showbiz shadows — shape the way we think. They’ve got It. Broadly defined, It is creativity — the forever-churning motor that drives America’s vast industrial-entertainment complex. In this issue we champion the Creative 100, who, by virtue of genius and guts (and heaps of coffee and cigarettes), make It happen.
Posted June 27 1997 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Guilt' canceled by Freeform after one season
- 'Grey's Anatomy': Will DeLuca and Maggie ever reunite?
- Watch Lady Gaga dedicate emotional Dive Bar Tour set to her father
- Trump booed at charity dinner while cracking Clinton jokes
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' reveals Michaela's mom
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' boss, Liza Weil on that shocking hookup
- Carol Burnett to star in Amy Poehler-produced ABC comedy pilot