Basic Instinct and Showgirls auteur Paul Verhoeven recently did his own striptease on the L.A. set of his new sci-fi flick, Starship Troopers, taking it all off in an effort to put male and female cast members about to film a group-shower scene at ease. ”There were about seven or eight actors, and they were all very nervous and awkward about it,” explains the director. ”So I took off all my clothes to make them feel more comfortable. I never ask actors to do anything I wouldn’t do myself. And it worked. Everyone was so amazed to see the director naked that they stopped being nervous. They even applauded me.”
Posted June 27 1997 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Lin-Manuel Miranda live-tweeted commentary for 'Hamilton's America'
- J.K. Rowling loves Amy Schumer's book
- Chris Pratt encourages people to go outside and look for trolls
- Kanye West scored Kardashian family movies to 'Only One' for Kim's birthday
- 'Once Upon a Time' star says Robin Hood return provides closure
- Jason Sudeikis duets with Harry Connick Jr. as Harry Connick Jr.
- Chris Pine cast in Ava DuVernay's 'A Wrinkle in Time'