Entering the exquisitely rendered 3-D animated environs of this mesmerizing adventure, you discover an underground cabal threatens to overthrow the French monarchy. With a stylish Baroque soundtrack and detailed reconstruction of the Sun King’s opulent 17th-century digs, Versailles 1685 is an intriguing lesson in French history, a survey of French art, and a conspiracy-lite romp. Magnifique. A
Posted July 11 1997 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Matt LeBlanc on beginning 'Man With a Plan' and ending 'Episodes'
- Oscar frontrunners set to gather at EW PopFest
- Tom Hanks still remembers the rap from 'Big'
- 'Walking Dead' quiz: How well do you know dead characters' last lines?
- Sean Penn on the political relevance of 'Bob Honey Who Just Do Stuff'
- Margot Robbie in talks to join 'Peter Rabbit' movie
- Why 'The Conjuring' is the perfect Halloween movie